RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[br@linuxnews.pl: [Gimp-user] another prob with parasites and script-fu]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[br@linuxnews.pl: [Gimp-user] another prob with parasites and script-fu] Carol Spears 06 Feb 00:24
Carol Spears
2004-02-06 00:24:48 UTC (about 20 years ago)

[br@linuxnews.pl: [Gimp-user] another prob with parasites and script-fu]

hi, this was mailed on the gimp user list.

thanks, carol

----- Forwarded message from Irek S?onina -----

My previous problem with parasites in script-fu has dissapeared in new pre3 version (thanks Sven for URL to bugreport), but now I have one another: I tried to define "gimp-comment" parasite as defined in devel-docs/parasites.txt as PERSISTENT, but this causes an execution error of the script, as well as other defines commented below, with which I have tried to run the script:

(define (script-fu-xcf2gif infile outfile) (let*
(
(img (car (gimp-file-load 1 infile infile))) (drawable (car (gimp-drawable-get-image img))) ; (parasite (list "gimp-comment" GIMP_PARASITE_PERSISTENT "some comment")) ; (parasite (list "gimp-comment" IMAGE_PERSISTENT "some comment")) ; (parasite (list "gimp-comment" PERSISTENT "some comment")) (parasite (list "gimp-comment" 1 "some comment")) )
(gimp-image-flatten img)
(gimp-image-parasite-detach img "gimp-comment") (gimp-image-parasite-attachi img parasite) (gimp-image-convert-indexed img 1 0 256 0 1 "") (file-gif-save 1 img drawable outfile outfile 1 0 0 0) )
)

from libgimpbase/gimpparasite.h: #define GIMP_PARASITE_PERSISTENT 1
so I have tried to use direct the value of it instead of define, this works (script is executed successfully) but comment is not saved in gif:

[ireks@brightstar ufki]$ identify -verbose blokada.gif|grep comment [ireks@brightstar ufki]$

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? If I should rather go to gimp-devel or somewhere else group please let me know.

br.