RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release Roman Joost 03 Feb 11:02
  gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release Niklas Mattisson 04 Feb 00:16
  gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release Niklas Mattisson 04 Feb 00:22
   gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release Daryl Lee 04 Feb 02:50
    gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release Roman Joost 04 Feb 22:11
  gimp-help-2 preperations for our 1st release Niklas Mattisson 04 Feb 01:33
Roman Joost
2004-02-03 11:02:00 UTC (about 20 years ago)

We're going to make a first release of the gimp-help-2.

I want to inform the authors, to have a look over their written content and make sure, that the release will not include major spelling or grammar errors. The freeze of the sources will be on next wednesday the 11th.

Hopefully, this release will get some more attention of writing content and fixing tiny errors for the manual.

So, keep up the good work and let me know if there are any problems regarding the release.

Greetings,

Niklas Mattisson
2004-02-04 00:16:36 UTC (about 20 years ago)

tis 2004-02-03 klockan 11.02 skrev Roman Joost:

We're going to make a first release of the gimp-help-2.

I want to inform the authors, to have a look over their written content and make sure, that the release will not include major spelling or grammar errors. The freeze of the sources will be on next wednesday the 11th.

Hopefully, this release will get some more attention of writing content and fixing tiny errors for the manual.

So, keep up the good work and let me know if there are any problems regarding the release.

Greetings,

Hey,

I will actually have problems getting the Swedish translation done before next wednesday. I have had so much in school at the moment and done so many other things at the same time that I have been kind of away of all the translations. However this weekend I will try to get more done at least most of the toolbox translations.

Best regards,

Niklas Mattisson
2004-02-04 00:22:20 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hey again,

Actually I have a few other things to remind everyone.

* in src/toolbox/menu.xml the section about "GIMP Online" is still not translated that much. Not as far as I can see at least. That is translated and updated after I did the move of the object.

* src/toolbox/tool-*.xml should change the line "Tool Call" to something else. This is not correct english and I can't seem to find good translation for the words either. The fact is that I have tried in a irc channel where there is a lot of translators and they said that I should bugreport this because it is not correct, and I agree with them that it sounds weird.

Those are actually the main things I have been looking at right now.

Hope that everyone understands what I am talking about.

Regards,

Niklas Mattisson
2004-02-04 01:33:54 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

After discussions on IRC I made the desition to make a bugreport about the problems with "Tool Call" for the docs. The report is located at:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=133353

Also I talked to Sven and the others and according to Sven the word "freeze" is perhaps not well chosen. The release will be a pre release.

But like roman said this release is here to get people more interested to start working harder with the docs and to get tests done.

Best regards,

Daryl Lee
2004-02-04 02:50:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 18:22, Niklas Mattisson wrote:

Hey again,

* src/toolbox/tool-*.xml should change the line "Tool Call" to something else. This is not correct english and I can't seem to find good translation for the words either.

Has anyone considered "Tool Menu Navigation"? It's a bit cumbersome, but has the advantage of being fairly common usage. I have no idea how it would translate to non-English languages.

Roman Joost
2004-02-04 22:11:40 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:50:27PM -0500, Daryl Lee wrote:

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 18:22, Niklas Mattisson wrote:

Hey again,

* src/toolbox/tool-*.xml should change the line "Tool Call" to something else. This is not correct english and I can't seem to find good translation for the words either.

Has anyone considered "Tool Menu Navigation"? It's a bit cumbersome, but has the advantage of being fairly common usage. I have no idea how it would translate to non-English languages.

I'm not sure if this is an "improvement" of the "tool call". Don't get me wrong, but your suggestion covers only tool menu and is not very generic.
This section should show the user how he uses the tool or start the dialog.

Greetings,