RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Patch to remove deprecated constants from standard scripts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Patch to remove deprecated constants from standard scripts Kevin Cozens 03 Feb 00:33
  Patch to remove deprecated constants from standard scripts Henrik Brix Andersen 03 Feb 00:42
   Patch to remove deprecated constants from standard scripts Kevin Cozens 03 Feb 05:17
    Patch to remove deprecated constants from standard scripts Sven Neumann 03 Feb 10:49
     Patch to remove deprecated constants from standard scripts Kevin Cozens 04 Feb 04:09
Kevin Cozens
2004-02-03 00:33:19 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Greetings.

I have a patch which removes all of the deprecated named constants from the Script-Fu based scripts which are part of a standard GIMP installation.

I haven't attached the patch to this message since it is a bit over 50,000 bytes. The patch file is available with the following URL: http://pages.interlog.com/~kcozens/software/gimp/1.3/scripts.patch

If necessary, I can create a bug report in bugzilla and attach the patch to the report.

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-02-03 00:42:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 00:33, Kevin Cozens wrote: [snip]

If necessary, I can create a bug report in bugzilla and attach the patch to the report.

Please do that - bugzilla helps us track bugs along with patches and enhancement requests much better than a mailing list does.

Sincerely, Brix

Kevin Cozens
2004-02-03 05:17:56 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 18:42, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

Please do that - bugzilla helps us track bugs along with patches and enhancement requests much better than a mailing list does.

Done. The patch affects 48 different scripts. It will allow for the eventual removal of some code in siod-wrapper.c (for the 2.2 release?).

Sven Neumann
2004-02-03 10:49:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Kevin Cozens writes:

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 18:42, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

Done. The patch affects 48 different scripts. It will allow for the eventual removal of some code in siod-wrapper.c (for the 2.2 release?).

I don't think we want to break backward compatibility so this code will have to stay.

Sven

Kevin Cozens
2004-02-04 04:09:28 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 04:49, Sven Neumann wrote:

I don't think we want to break backward compatibility so this code will have to stay.

The code should certainly stay for the 2.0 release. I have made a script available that makes it easy to update scripts to the latest API. The compatibility could be removed as of 2.2 since we don't want to keep it indefinitely. However, the when isn't up to me unless I do come up with something to replace the existing Script-Fu extension.

BTW, if you don't like the CHANNEL-OP enum, Sven, go head and change it. Let me know what you change it to in the rest of the system so I can ensure the Script-Fu system accepts the new constant and so I can update the standard GIMP scripts to use the new constant.