RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script-Fu Bug Gimp-2.0pre2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script-Fu Bug Gimp-2.0pre2 Jeff Trefftzs 23 Jan 01:21
  Script-Fu Bug Gimp-2.0pre2 Simon Budig 23 Jan 01:29
   Script-Fu Bug Gimp-2.0pre2 Jeff Trefftzs 23 Jan 01:41
   Script-Fu Bug Gimp-2.0pre2 Jeff Trefftzs 23 Jan 20:13
Jeff Trefftzs
2004-01-23 01:21:39 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

I've been trying to port one of my scheme scripts to 2.0pre2 and have discovered what I think is a bug. Before I battle with bugzilla, would someone try to reproduce it?

Details: my script adds a layer mask to a layer (this works), but when I attempt to make the layer mask the active channel, using gimp-image-set-active-channel I consistently get an error:

ERROR: Procedural database execution failed: (gimp_image_set_active_channel 2 9)

9 is indeed the right channel number, but somehow it's not getting registered. gimp-image-get-channels keeps returning an empty array.

Is this just me, or can someone else duplicate this?

TIA,

Simon Budig
2004-01-23 01:29:12 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Jeff Trefftzs (trefftzs@tcsn.net) wrote:

I've been trying to port one of my scheme scripts to 2.0pre2 and have discovered what I think is a bug. Before I battle with bugzilla, would someone try to reproduce it?

Not until you provide the script :)

Details: my script adds a layer mask to a layer (this works), but when I attempt to make the layer mask the active channel, using gimp-image-set-active-channel I consistently get an error:

ERROR: Procedural database execution failed: (gimp_image_set_active_channel 2 9)

I think that this only refers to channels that are listed in the channels dialog (not the RGB-Channels but the ones below).

Try the gimp-layer-set-edit-mask function. This seems the function of choice in your case (I did not test it though).

Bye, Simon

Jeff Trefftzs
2004-01-23 01:41:17 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:29, Simon Budig wrote:

Jeff Trefftzs (trefftzs@tcsn.net) wrote:

Not until you provide the script :)

Herewith:

;;;
;;; pencil-sketch.scm
;;;
;;;
;;; Jeff Trefftzs

;;; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify ;;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by ;;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or ;;; (at your option) any later version. ;;;
;;; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, ;;; but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of ;;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the ;;; GNU General Public License for more details. ;;;
;;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License ;;; along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software ;;; Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

;;; Changelog: ;;; 020113 - Version 1.1. Added multiple choice for edge detection ;;; 020113 - Version 1.01. Fixed mask texture bug. ;;; 020113 - Version 1.0. Initial Release.

;;; Define the function:

(define (script-fu-pencil-sketch inImage inLayer inWeight
inDark
inMono
inEdges
inMaskPat
inTextToggle
inTexture)
(let*
(
(WhiteLayer (car (gimp-layer-copy inLayer TRUE))) (MaskedLayer (car (gimp-layer-copy inLayer TRUE))) (EdgeLayer (car (gimp-layer-copy inLayer TRUE))) (LayerMask (car (gimp-layer-create-mask MaskedLayer 0))) )

(gimp-image-undo-group-start inImage) ; changed for 1.3/2.0

(gimp-image-add-layer inImage WhiteLayer -1) (gimp-image-add-layer inImage MaskedLayer -1) (gimp-image-add-layer inImage EdgeLayer -1)

(gimp-drawable-set-name WhiteLayer "Paper Layer") ; changed for 1.3/2.0
(gimp-drawable-set-name MaskedLayer "Copy with layer mask") (gimp-drawable-set-name EdgeLayer "Edges from original image")

;; Real work goes in here

(gimp-drawable-fill WhiteLayer WHITE-IMAGE-FILL) ; Fill the white layer
(if (> inTextToggle 0)
(begin
(gimp-patterns-set-pattern inTexture) (gimp-edit-bucket-fill WhiteLayer PATTERN-BUCKET-FILL NORMAL-MODE 100 0 FALSE 0 0) ; changed for 1.3/2.0 )
)

;; Create the layer mask and put the paper pattern in it.

(gimp-layer-add-mask MaskedLayer LayerMask) ; changed for 1.3/2.0 (gimp-image-set-active-channel inImage LayerMask) (gimp-patterns-set-pattern inMaskPat) (gimp-bucket-fill LayerMask PATTERN-BUCKET-FILL NORMAL-MODE 100 ; opacity
0 ; threshold
FALSE ; no sample-merged
0 0) ; X, Y coords
(gimp-image-unset-active-channel inImage) ; finished with it
;; Now find the edges

(gimp-image-set-active-layer inImage EdgeLayer)
;; Edge Detection Here

(cond ((= inEdges 0) ; Laplacian edges (plug-in-gauss-iir TRUE inImage EdgeLayer inWeight TRUE TRUE) (plug-in-laplace TRUE inImage EdgeLayer))

((= inEdges 1) ; Sobel Edges (plug-in-sobel TRUE inImage EdgeLayer TRUE TRUE TRUE))

;; Synthetic Edges here - Include desaturate if needed

((= inEdges 2) ; Synthetic Edges (set! tmplayer (car (gimp-layer-copy EdgeLayer TRUE))) (gimp-image-add-layer inImage tmplayer -1) (gimp-layer-set-mode tmplayer DIVIDE-MODE) (plug-in-gauss-iir TRUE inImage tmplayer inWeight TRUE TRUE) (set! EdgeLayer
(car (gimp-image-merge-down inImage tmplayer EXPAND-AS-NECESSARY)))
(gimp-levels EdgeLayer VALUE-LUT inDark ; low input
255 ; high input
1.0 ; gamma
0 255) ; output

;; Desaturate if needed

(if (= inMono TRUE) (gimp-desaturate EdgeLayer)
)
)
) ; end cond

(gimp-layer-set-mode EdgeLayer DARKEN-ONLY-MODE) ; in case white bg

(gimp-image-set-active-layer inImage inLayer) (gimp-undo-push-group-end inImage) (gimp-displays-flush)
)
)

(script-fu-register
"script-fu-pencil-sketch"
_"/Script-Fu/Alchemy/Pencil Sketch..." "Creates an interesting simulation of a pencil sketch by placing a textured layer mask on the original image, above a white layer, and below a layer containing edges from the original image.

This script does most of the work, but you may want to adjust the levels of thelayer mask to vary the amount of image texture. If you have additional edge detector plugins (such as the ipx suite), you may want to use one of them for the edges instead of the built-in laplacian. I did not include this option, since the ipx tools are still very much beta at this time.

Additional interesting effects can be obtained by varying the levels of the Paper Layer."
"Jeff Trefftzs"
"Copyright 2002, Jeff Trefftzs"
"January 12, 2002"
"RGB* GRAY*"
SF-IMAGE "The Image" 0
SF-DRAWABLE "The Layer" 0
SF-ADJUSTMENT "Line Weight (Fine) 1 128 (Thick)" '(3 1 128 1 8 0 1)
SF-ADJUSTMENT "Line Darkness (Light) 0 255 (Dark)" '(127 0 255 1 10 0 1)
SF-TOGGLE "Monochrome synthetic edges?" TRUE SF-OPTION "Edge Detector" '("Laplace" "Sobel" "Synthetic") SF-PATTERN "Image Texture" "Paper"
SF-TOGGLE "Textured Paper" FALSE
SF-PATTERN "Paper Texture" "Crinkled Paper"
)

Jeff Trefftzs
2004-01-23 20:13:39 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:29, Simon Budig wrote:

Try the gimp-layer-set-edit-mask function. This seems the function of choice in your case (I did not test it though).

Bye, Simon

Thanks, Simon. That did it.