RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

layer effects

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

layer effects Gezim Hoxha 22 Jan 04:17
  layer effects GSR - FR 22 Jan 16:10
Gezim Hoxha
2004-01-22 04:17:01 UTC (about 20 years ago)

layer effects

Hi all,

I'm just wondering is it being planed by anyone to include some feature like the layer effects in photoshop in any gimp release (soon)? If not, if someone has time to just write some tutorials on how to achieve some of the layer effects (e.g. emboss, inner shadow,etc.) I would really appreciate it. As far as I'm concerned I'm not the only person looking for this feature.

I thank you for contributing to the GIMP to all of you.

Gezim

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
GSR - FR
2004-01-22 16:10:56 UTC (about 20 years ago)

layer effects

hgezim@yahoo.com (2004-01-21 at 1917.01 -0800):

I'm just wondering is it being planed by anyone to include some feature like the layer effects in photoshop in any gimp release (soon)? If not, if someone has time to just write some tutorials on how to achieve some of the layer effects (e.g. emboss, inner shadow,etc.) I would really appreciate it. As far as I'm concerned I'm not the only person looking for this feature.

Already some entries in bugzilla about this issue. There are scripts or filters that do effects, the problem is that you have to update manually every time you change the source layer.

GSR