RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

"gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

"gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows Thierry Tracol 12 Aug 10:20
  "gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows Sven Neumann 12 Aug 12:15
   'gimp_selection_invert' for a Gimp plug_in under windows <collin@xs4all.nl> 12 Aug 12:33
    'gimp_selection_invert' for a Gimp plug_in under windows Sven Neumann 12 Aug 12:51
   "gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows Tor Lillqvist 13 Aug 07:45
    "gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows Tor Lillqvist 20 Aug 22:58
"gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows Thierry Tracol 12 Aug 17:49
  "gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows Simon Budig 12 Aug 18:20
Thierry Tracol
2002-08-12 10:20:07 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I am currently adapting a Unix Gimp plug-in to Windows Gimp. I have a problem because the plug-in is using the "gimp_selection_invert" function which works well with Unix, but it doesn't seem to exist on PC.

The function is declared in the windows include "gimpselection_pdb.h", but it is not present in the exported functions list of the "libgimp.dll" dll.

The only exported functions in "liggimp.dll" related to selection are : "gimp_selection_save, _gimp_selection_none, _gimp_selection_load, _gimp_selection_is_empty, _gimp_selection_float, _gimp_selection_clear, _gimp_selection_bounds".

Does anybody know how to bypass this problem ? Thanks

Sven Neumann
2002-08-12 12:15:21 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

Thierry Tracol writes:

I am currently adapting a Unix Gimp plug-in to Windows Gimp. I have a problem because the plug-in is using the "gimp_selection_invert" function which works well with Unix, but it doesn't seem to exist on PC.

The function is declared in the windows include "gimpselection_pdb.h", but it is not present in the exported functions list of the "libgimp.dll" dll.

The only exported functions in "liggimp.dll" related to selection are : "gimp_selection_save, _gimp_selection_none, _gimp_selection_load, _gimp_selection_is_empty, _gimp_selection_float, _gimp_selection_clear, _gimp_selection_bounds".

none of the symbols that start with an underscore should be exported. If they really are, it's a bug and you should expect that they won't be available in the next release.

The symbols related to selections that should be exported are:

gimp_selection_all gimp_selection_border
gimp_selection_bounds
gimp_selection_clear
gimp_selection_feather
gimp_selection_float
gimp_selection_grow
gimp_selection_invert
gimp_selection_is_empty
gimp_selection_layer_alpha
gimp_selection_load
gimp_selection_none
gimp_selection_save
gimp_selection_sharpen
gimp_selection_shrink
gimp_selection_translate
gimp_selection_value

Does anybody know how to bypass this problem ?

you could call the PDB function directly using gimp_run_procedure() instead of relying on the availability of the C wrappers.

I'd appreciate if you could file a bug-report for this problem. It would be even better if you fixed the gimp.def file and attached a patch to the bug-report. Perhaps Tor can comment if I'm wrong and libgimp/gimp.def is not the right place to fix this.

Salut, Sven

<collin@xs4all.nl>
2002-08-12 12:33:34 UTC (over 21 years ago)

'gimp_selection_invert' for a Gimp plug_in under windows

Thierry Tracol writes:

[...]

I'd appreciate if you could file a bug-report for this problem. It would be even better if you fixed the gimp.def file and attached a patch to the bug-report. Perhaps Tor can comment if I'm wrong and libgimp/gimp.def is not the right place to fix this.

The function to invert a selection does exist in WinGIMP 1.2.0 and 1.2.3. The DB Browser lists it as 'gimp-selection-invert'.

Sven Neumann
2002-08-12 12:51:43 UTC (over 21 years ago)

'gimp_selection_invert' for a Gimp plug_in under windows

Hi,

writes:

Thierry Tracol writes:

The function to invert a selection does exist in WinGIMP 1.2.0 and 1.2.3. The DB Browser lists it as 'gimp-selection-invert'.

well, the DB browser lists the functions registered with the PDB. This has nothing to do with the availability of the respective C wrappers in libgimp.

Salut, Sven

Thierry Tracol
2002-08-12 17:49:45 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Sven Neumann a écrit :

Hi,

Thierry Tracol writes:

none of the symbols that start with an underscore should be exported. If they really are, it's a bug and you should expect that they won't be available in the next release.

The symbols related to selections that should be exported are:

gimp_selection_all gimp_selection_border
gimp_selection_bounds
gimp_selection_clear
gimp_selection_feather
gimp_selection_float
gimp_selection_grow
gimp_selection_invert
gimp_selection_is_empty
gimp_selection_layer_alpha
gimp_selection_load
gimp_selection_none
gimp_selection_save
gimp_selection_sharpen
gimp_selection_shrink
gimp_selection_translate
gimp_selection_value

Does anybody know how to bypass this problem ?

you could call the PDB function directly using gimp_run_procedure() instead of relying on the availability of the C wrappers.

Thank you for your advice. It works when I call the procedure through gimp_run_procedure.
I am new in the Gimp Plug-in area. Most of the time I prefer to use directly the Gimp procedure instead of using the gimp_run_procedure. Is there a big disadvantage in not using gimp_run_procedure ?

I will be busy for the 2 next weeks. After I will report the bug.

Salut, Sven

Simon Budig
2002-08-12 18:20:18 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Thierry Tracol (thierry.tracol@thales-tts.com) wrote:

Sven Neumann a écrit :

Thank you for your advice. It works when I call the procedure through gimp_run_procedure.
I am new in the Gimp Plug-in area. Most of the time I prefer to use directly the Gimp procedure instead of using the gimp_run_procedure. Is there a big disadvantage in not using gimp_run_procedure ?

There is no disadvantage at all. The "directly" used Gimp procedure is *always* a simple wrapper that uses gimp_run_procedure. It just adds some convenience. At least it works this way on *nix and I doubt that windows version works different there.

Bye, Simon

Tor Lillqvist
2002-08-13 07:45:39 UTC (over 21 years ago)

> none of the symbols that start with an underscore should be exported. > If they really are, it's a bug and you should expect that they won't > be available in the next release.

OK, I'll remove them. (I have a vague recollection that *some* of the underscore entry points really *is* used by another DLL. Don't have time to check right now.)

> > Does anybody know how to bypass this problem ?

Wait until I generate a new libgimp DLL (and import library) and upload them this evening.

--tml

Tor Lillqvist
2002-08-20 22:58:45 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Tor Lillqvist writes:
> I have a vague recollection that *some* of the underscore entry > points really *is* used by another DLL. Don't have time to check > right now.

Yes, _readchannel is used by libgimpui.

And the iwarp plug-in uses _gimp_layer_copy().

--tml