RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp and ICC

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp and ICC Piotr Legiecki 08 Aug 13:21
  Gimp and ICC Sven Neumann 08 Aug 13:31
Piotr Legiecki
2002-08-08 13:21:25 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Gimp and ICC

Hi

I'v just tried to install icc support for gimp using gimp-color-manager-0.0.7 from http://www.khk.net/color/gimp.html.

I have liblcms (it is part of the debian system I use).

So after unpacking plugin ./configure failed here:

......... checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.7... yes checking for gimptool... no
checking for GIMP - version >= 1.1.22... no *** The gimptool script installed by GIMP could not be found *** If GIMP was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in *** your path, or set the GIMPTOOL environment variable to the *** full path to gimptool.
configure: error: Cannot find GIMP: Is gimptool in path?

Well... there is no gimptool here of course. What can I do to make ./configure pass this?

This plugin is a bit old (2 years?) but would be *very* usefull. It is almost a must to apply ICC profile to *scanned* images because profiles returns the true colors for scans. This is really working and saves a lot of troubles during image retouching.

Or maybe there is another ICC plugin for gimp which I don't know about?

Regards Piotr L.

Sven Neumann
2002-08-08 13:31:02 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Gimp and ICC

Hi,

Piotr Legiecki writes:

I'v just tried to install icc support for gimp using gimp-color-manager-0.0.7 from http://www.khk.net/color/gimp.html.

I have liblcms (it is part of the debian system I use).

So after unpacking plugin ./configure failed here:

......... checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.7... yes checking for gimptool... no
checking for GIMP - version >= 1.1.22... no *** The gimptool script installed by GIMP could not be found *** If GIMP was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in *** your path, or set the GIMPTOOL environment variable to the *** full path to gimptool.
configure: error: Cannot find GIMP: Is gimptool in path?

Well... there is no gimptool here of course. What can I do to make ./configure pass this?

why do you say 'of course there is no gimptool'? If you installed GIMP from source or installed the gimp development package gimptool should be in your PATH.

Salut, Sven