RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp + old documents reconstruction

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp + old documents reconstruction Rafael Vidal 30 May 10:08
  Gimp + old documents reconstruction Branko Collin 30 May 12:05
Rafael Vidal
2002-05-30 10:08:58 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi:

I´m doing a project about reconstruction of old documents using Gimp. ¿Is there any groups that develops about documents reconstruction or character extraction and use Gimp?

I'd also like how to get the mouse position(row,column) who gimps show automaticaly in the low-left corner of an image.

Thank you : Rafael Vidal.

Branko Collin
2002-05-30 12:05:00 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

On 30 May 2002, at 8:08, Rafael Vidal wrote:

I´m doing a project about reconstruction of old documents using Gimp. ¿Is there any groups that develops about documents reconstruction or character extraction and use Gimp?

I'd also like how to get the mouse position(row,column) who gimps show automaticaly in the low-left corner of an image.

Although probably not entirely useful to you, there is a web site dedicated to restoring old photos at .

Most of their efforts center on making an old photo look good, but I guess they could know of some techniques pertinent to extracting information from scanned documents.