RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Trouble compiling Gimp 1.3.6

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Trouble compiling Gimp 1.3.6 Nick Hudson 29 May 17:26
  Trouble compiling Gimp 1.3.6 Sven Neumann 30 May 01:19
   Trouble compiling Gimp 1.3.6 Nathan Carl Summers 30 May 06:44
Nick Hudson
2002-05-29 17:26:27 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

I keep getting this error when compiling the dev version of Gimp...

ar cru .libs/libgimpwidgets-1.3.a gimpwidgetsmarshal.o gimpwidgets.o gimpbutton.o gimpchainbutton.o gimpcolorarea.o gimpcolorbutton.o gimpdialog.o gimpfileselection.o gimphelpui.o gimpoffsetarea.o gimppatheditor.o gimppixmap.o gimpquerybox.o gimpsizeentry.o gimpstock.o gimpunitmenu.o ranlib .libs/libgimpwidgets-1.3.a
creating libgimpwidgets-1.3.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libgimpwidgets-1.3.la && ln -s ../libgimpwidgets-1.3.la libgimpwidgets-1.3.la) make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6/libgimpwidgets' Making all in libgimpproxy
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6/libgimpproxy' make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../tools/gimp-mkproxy', needed by `gimpobject.c'. Stop. make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6/libgimpproxy' ! Problem Detected !
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6' make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Any idea on why it would be doing this? I have the most of everything compiled in except for GtkHtml2 and Mpeg.

Thanks for the help Nick Hudson

Sven Neumann
2002-05-30 01:19:53 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Nick Hudson writes:

I keep getting this error when compiling the dev version of Gimp...

ar cru .libs/libgimpwidgets-1.3.a gimpwidgetsmarshal.o gimpwidgets.o gimpbutton.o gimpchainbutton.o gimpcolorarea.o gimpcolorbutton.o gimpdialog.o gimpfileselection.o gimphelpui.o gimpoffsetarea.o gimppatheditor.o gimppixmap.o gimpquerybox.o gimpsizeentry.o gimpstock.o gimpunitmenu.o ranlib .libs/libgimpwidgets-1.3.a
creating libgimpwidgets-1.3.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libgimpwidgets-1.3.la && ln -s ../libgimpwidgets-1.3.la libgimpwidgets-1.3.la) make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6/libgimpwidgets' Making all in libgimpproxy
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6/libgimpproxy' make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../tools/gimp-mkproxy', needed by `gimpobject.c'. Stop. make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6/libgimpproxy' ! Problem Detected !
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gimp-1.3.6' make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Any idea on why it would be doing this?

yes, Nathan forgot to add gimp-mkproxy to EXTRA_DIST and its missing from the tarball for that reason. As I've already explained in

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=83455

you shouldn't need gimp-mkproxy since the files it generates are distributed. I wonder why the Makefile is trying to regenerate them especially since I created the tarball using make distcheck which checks that all needed files are there. As a workaround, try to touch the .c and .h files in libgimpproxy and rerun make.

Salut, Sven

Nathan Carl Summers
2002-05-30 06:44:24 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

On 30 May 2002, Sven Neumann wrote:

yes, Nathan forgot to add gimp-mkproxy to EXTRA_DIST and its missing from the tarball for that reason.

(sound of head hitting keyboard.)

Doh! :)

Rockwalrus