RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

SVG format

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

SVG format DENAT Christian DvSI/SIReS/GRE 24 Apr 16:28
  SVG format Branko Collin 24 Apr 20:41
DENAT Christian DvSI/SIReS/GRE
2002-04-24 16:28:53 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

SVG format

Hi all

I'm currently looking for svg tools on win32 and look into the gimp.org site to see if gimp supports such vector format.

It seems that the answer is no. Please could you confirm this or at least could yout indicate me if there are some plans for such development ?

Thanks for cc me because I'm not member of this list.

Keep up the good work guys !

Regards

Christian Denat

france telecom/DvSI/SIR&S/SRI

BP98, 28 Chemin du vieux chêne 38243 Meylan Cedex
tel +33 476 76 40 77 / fax +33 476 76 43 46 christian.denat@francetelecom.com

Branko Collin
2002-04-24 20:41:20 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

SVG format

On 24 Apr 2002, at 16:28, DENAT Christian DvSI/SIReS/GRE wrote:

I'm currently looking for svg tools on win32 and look into the gimp.org site to see if gimp supports such vector format.

It seems that the answer is no. Please could you confirm this or at least could yout indicate me if there are some plans for such development ?

I have not heard of any such plans.

Google turns up a set of tools to convert bitmap images through GIMP paths into SVG files for Sodipodi to work with:

Same search: Raph Levien is planning on "doing a full-fledged SVG implementation in the Gnome framework". I don't know how this (w|c)ould fit in with GIMP.

What exactly are you looking for: a plug-in vector editor (like gfig), perhaps with vector layers? Or a SVG loader, like the Postscript loader?