RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

activity tracking and graphic regeneration

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

activity tracking and graphic regeneration javacode18015 02 Apr 17:38
  activity tracking and graphic regeneration Rapha 02 Apr 19:51
javacode18015
2002-04-02 17:38:04 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

I am adding some code in gimp so that it can record the drawing activities I am instereting in. And later, I can generate the exact graphic I drawed using those recorded data.

Since I did not find much doc about gimp development itself, I am having a hard time reading through the code. Could someone kindly give me some suggetion about what data I need to record for the regeneration?

Thank you,

yuli

Rapha
2002-04-02 19:51:46 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:38:04 -0000, "javacode18015" wrote:

I am adding some code in gimp so that it can record the drawing activities I am instereting in. And later, I can generate the exact graphic I drawed using those recorded data.

Since I did not find much doc about gimp development itself, I am having a hard time reading through the code. Could someone kindly give me some suggetion about what data I need to record for the regeneration?

I would suggest that you wait a few months for the development version of the GIMP (1.3.x) to become a bit more stable and then it should be much easier to implement that feature. There is already a bug report related to this feature, or something very similar ("macro recorder"): http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=51937

This would be very hard to do with the stable version (1.2.x) because the user interface is not cleanly separated from the core drawing functions. The development version would be a better starting point, but currently it is not stable enough for production use and several features are temporarily unavailable (e.g., text editing is not possible).

As I mentioned in bug #51937, the best way to record all drawing activities is to do it at the PDB level. But in order to be able to do this, there are still some parts of the core that need to be updated so that all drawing functions can generate the appropriate PDB calls. Maybe in a few months...

-Raphaël