RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help needed for user manual translation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help needed for user manual translation Snehalata Shirude via gimp-docs-list 06 Sep 16:30
  Help needed for user manual translation Andre Klapper 06 Sep 17:34
   Help needed for user manual translation Snehalata Shirude via gimp-docs-list 08 Sep 14:58
    Help needed for user manual translation Ulf-D. Ehlert 08 Sep 12:25
Snehalata Shirude via gimp-docs-list
2018-09-06 16:30:07 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hi

I downloaded gimp repository from git... Followed steps I found like
Modified configure.ac file by adding mr Put po files in po folder
Then run autogen.sh
Then trying to use make html-mr command to see the translation on local machine
But its giving error make: *** No rule to make target ' Can anybody will help to solve this?

Snehalata

Andre Klapper
2018-09-06 17:34:42 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 22:00 +0530, Snehalata Shirude wrote:

Modified configure.ac file by adding mr

I assume you did not download the "gimp" repository but "gimp-help".

Put po files in po folder
Then run autogen.sh

Are you following
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp-help/blob/master/TRANSLATING ? If so, you want to mention that for clarity.

But its giving error make: *** No rule to make target ' Can anybody will help to solve this?

Please provide the lines before that error, for example by posting the complete output to paste.gnome.org and providing a link here.

andre

Andre Klapper  |  ak-47@gmx.net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
Ulf-D. Ehlert
2018-09-08 12:25:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hi,

I have no up-to-date gimp-help repository here and it's a long time since I have worked with the help files, so I'm not sure if I can really help.
However, let's see...

On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 08:28:58PM +0530, Snehalata Shirude via gimp-docs-list wrote:

For localization of GIMP User-Manual we clone gimp user manual repository into folder on /home/snehalata/SBS/gimp-help-2.

Modified configure.ac

What exactly did you modify?

In my (some years old) configure.ac the only variable you might want to edit is ALL_LINGUAS: add mr to the list of languages.

But if I remember correctly, you could just call ./autogen.sh LANGUAGES="en mr"
and it should work as well.

[...] and added files paths in AC_CONFIG_FILES

What? AC_CONFIG_FILES should not contain any language dependent files.

Then created a new folder named mr in po folder of GIMP repository We put then all translated .po files into mr folder We run ./autogen.sh command

See above: try
./autogen.sh LANGUAGES="en mr"
unless you are interested in all translations.

We referred the link
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp-help/blob/master/TRANSLATING

Ah, nice, I didn't know this one. Now see item 3.

Hopefully the po files you copied to po/mr are the edited versions of those po files generated with
make po-mr
(see item 6.)

Then we are running make html-mr command to see user manual of local machine in translated form that is in marathi But we are getting error like this:

root@Snehalata-Desktop:/home/snehalata/SBS/gimp-help-2# make html-mr [POT] pot/preface.pot
/bin/bash: ../../../../../tools/xml2po.py: No such file or directory

There is definitely something wrong, the "../../../../.." part is the value of the internal "top_srcdir" variable and should be ".". What's you current working directory? Is it really /home/snehalata/SBS/gimp-help-2? Then ls -l tools/xml2po.py
should work.

BTW, it looks you are working as user "root"; if so, it's a very bad idea, you should change ownership of the cloned repo to your ordinary user account and re-login as that user.

Then try make html-mr
and if that fails try
make -n html-mr
to see if you get more information about what's going on.

Bye, Ulf

Beten heit den Himmel melken wollen.
		-- Karlheinz Deschner
Snehalata Shirude via gimp-docs-list
2018-09-08 14:58:58 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hi,

For localization of GIMP User-Manual we clone gimp user manual repository into folder on /home/snehalata/SBS/gimp-help-2. Modified configure.ac file added mr and added files paths in AC_CONFIG_FILES Then created a new folder named mr in po folder of GIMP repository We put then all translated .po files into mr folder We run ./autogen.sh command
We referred the link
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp-help/blob/master/TRANSLATING Then we are running make html-mr command to see user manual of local machine in translated form that is in marathi But we are getting error like this:

root@Snehalata-Desktop:/home/snehalata/SBS/gimp-help-2# make html-mr [POT] pot/preface.pot
/bin/bash: ../../../../../tools/xml2po.py: No such file or directory Makefile:1238: recipe for target 'pot/preface.pot' failed make: *** [pot/preface.pot] Error 1

Please help us how to resolve this error...

I tried to put on paste bin but its not giving access ..

Snehalata B. Shirude, India

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 11:04 PM Andre Klapper wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 22:00 +0530, Snehalata Shirude wrote:

Modified configure.ac file by adding mr

I assume you did not download the "gimp" repository but "gimp-help".

Put po files in po folder
Then run autogen.sh

Are you following
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp-help/blob/master/TRANSLATING ? If so, you want to mention that for clarity.

Please provide the lines before that error, for example by posting the complete output to paste.gnome.org and providing a link here.

andre --
Andre Klapper | ak-47@gmx.net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/