RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Black point compensation algorithm

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Black point compensation algorithm fri.orths 14 May 07:03
  Black point compensation algorithm Tobias Ellinghaus 14 May 09:03
fri.orths
2018-05-14 07:03:14 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Dear Developer-List,

as part of my research on a seminar paper with the subject „black point compensation“ I also came across the graphics program GIMP. In some sources it was mentioned that in Gimp you can definitely select or deselect black point compensation. I am aware of how the BPC works in general. What I need is information about the algorithm behind it. Is it perhaps from Adobe (Photoshop), or from the ISO 18619: 2015? Unfortunately, I could not find anything about it on your pages. Can you help me with this?

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

With kind regards,

Frieda Orths

Tobias Ellinghaus
2018-05-14 09:03:56 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Am Montag, 14. Mai 2018, 09:03:14 CEST schrieb fri.orths:

Dear Developer-List,

as part of my research on a seminar paper with the subject „black point compensation“ I also came across the graphics program GIMP. In some sources it was mentioned that in Gimp you can definitely select or deselect black point compensation. I am aware of how the BPC works in general. What I need is information about the algorithm behind it. Is it perhaps from Adobe (Photoshop), or from the ISO 18619: 2015? Unfortunately, I could not find anything about it on your pages. Can you help me with this?

GIMP uses the bpc provided by lcms2[0]. No idea what algorithm that uses internally, it might be the same as Adobe uses [1].

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

With kind regards,

Frieda Orths

Tobias

[0] http://www.littlecms.com/ [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/lcms/mailman/message/8134197/