RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(Future) Implementations of Gimp Color Palettes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

(Future) Implementations of Gimp Color Palettes Tobias Vogel 08 Apr 22:40
Tobias Vogel
2018-04-08 22:40:15 UTC (about 6 years ago)

(Future) Implementations of Gimp Color Palettes

I today received some Photoshop Files including Photoshop Color Palettes (aka Color Swatches). When I looked into the structure of these Files, I came up with the idea to write a GIMP Import/Export Plugin to read these files directly into GIMP. These Photoshop Palette Files store Colors in many arbitrary Color Models (mostly CMYK, though). However, as far as I can see, GIMP stores Colors in Palettes only as 24-Bit RGB values. I therefore assume this still is a remainder of the pre-babl/pre-gegl era of GIMP. A quick search within the Archives of the Mailing List and the Roadmap didn't give me any clues about how Color Palettes in future GIMP versions are planned to be implemented. Are there any documents, plans, thoughts or ideas available on this topic yet?

Regards,

Tobias Vogel