RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Request for feature to secure layers against undesired moving

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Request for feature to secure layers against undesired moving GMX 20 Jul 08:48
  Request for feature to secure layers against undesired moving Alexandre Prokoudine 25 Jul 10:06
GMX
2017-07-20 08:48:22 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Dear Sirs and Madams,

since several years I'm using your software GIMP. Currently I am working on an picture with many layers, more than 40, for the first time. Now I have searched for a possibility to secure layers against undesired moving.
But this feature / option isn't available till this day and we have Gimp Version 2.8.22 now.

By the way, I would like to have this feature for normal layers not for pending ones.

Please include it in the next upcoming version, that would be very nice. I don't want to go on search for an other image manipulation program, only because of this lack.

With best regards an thank you

Yours Tristan Hinzke

Alexandre Prokoudine
2017-07-25 10:06:06 UTC (over 6 years ago)

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 11:48 AM, GMX wrote:

Dear Sirs and Madams,

since several years I'm using your software GIMP. Currently I am working on an picture with many layers, more than 40, for the first time. Now I have searched for a possibility to secure layers against undesired moving.
But this feature / option isn't available till this day and we have Gimp Version 2.8.22 now.

By the way, I would like to have this feature for normal layers not for pending ones.

Please include it in the next upcoming version

Already available in 2.9.x for the past several years and will be in 2.10 :)

Alex