RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp crashing upon exit in a not responding state.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp crashing upon exit in a not responding state. ABOVE ZERO 02 Jul 17:27
  Gimp crashing upon exit in a not responding state. Asmodis 05 Jul 22:32
ABOVE ZERO
2017-07-02 17:27:31 UTC (over 6 years ago)

I've noticed that gimp the latest version no longer wants to exit. It goes into a not responding state and I have to kill it. I've tried removing the whole program with Revo Uninstaller Pro, reboot then reinstall. Still hanging up on exit. Then I tried installing on my 2nd hard drive. Still hanging up with a not responding state.

And it seems to now take forever to gimp to start up.

I'm not sure what's going on I've been using this program for a very long time and this has never happened to me.

Asmodis
2017-07-05 22:32:16 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Hi,

this might be related to bug #782676 (bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=782676). Short summary: your fontconfig cache got corrupted after the gimp update. Deleting the corrupted cache files fixes the problem.

regards, Simon

Am 02.07.2017 um 19:27 schrieb ABOVE ZERO:

I've noticed that gimp the latest version no longer wants to exit. It goes into a not responding state and I have to kill it. I've tried removing the whole program with Revo Uninstaller Pro, reboot then reinstall. Still hanging up on exit. Then I tried installing on my 2nd hard drive. Still hanging up with a not responding state.

And it seems to now take forever to gimp to start up.

I'm not sure what's going on I've been using this program for a very long time and this has never happened to me. _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list