RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Editing gimpfu.py

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Editing gimpfu.py PyFu_NOOB 21 Jun 10:38
  Editing gimpfu.py Michael Schumacher 22 Jun 16:33
   Editing gimpfu.py PyFu_NOOB 23 Jun 04:09
    Editing gimpfu.py PyFu_NOOB 23 Jun 04:11
2017-06-21 10:38:26 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Editing gimpfu.py

Using GIMP 2.8.10 on Windows, Python 2.7.1.

Making changes to function _query() seems to have no effect. Changes to other functions in the module do take effect.

Is _query() called at all?

Also where is _run(proc_name, params) called from? I wish to know where the params argument is created.

Michael Schumacher
2017-06-22 16:33:26 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Editing gimpfu.py

On 06/21/2017 12:38 PM, PyFu_NOOB wrote:

Using GIMP 2.8.10 on Windows, Python 2.7.1.

Making changes to function _query() seems to have no effect. Changes to other functions in the module do take effect.

Is _query() called at all?

Also where is _run(proc_name, params) called from? I wish to know where the params argument is created.

Describe the goal, not a step.

There is a reason for what you want to do, please tell us.

Tell us about the reasoning that led you to modify this file, and describe what you want to achieve.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
2017-06-23 04:09:06 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Editing gimpfu.py

Describe the goal, not a step.

There is a reason for what you want to do, please tell us.

Tell us about the reasoning that led you to modify this file, and describe what you want to achieve.

I am only adding print statements to gimpfu.py so I can see what's going on.

As for _query() I discovered it is only called when registration is changed.

If you write a plug-in for the menu for instance it requires two PF_STRINGs as input parameters 1 and 2 and a PF_IMAGE as output parameter 1.

I wish to find out where in the code this is determined so I can see what input/output parameters are required for each menu location.

2017-06-23 04:11:22 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Editing gimpfu.py

If you write a plug-in for the "Load" menu for instance it requires two PF_STRINGs as input parameters 1 and 2 and a PF_IMAGE as output parameter 1.