RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Default templates update

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Default templates update Alexandre Prokoudine 12 Jun 01:40
Alexandre Prokoudine
2017-06-12 01:40:12 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Default templates update

Hello,

New 'templates-update' branch features updated list of document templates contributed by Klaus Stadtler and originally available in his 'icons-wip' branch. It is, however, not a verbatim copy of the list that Klaus submitted. Here are the changes:

- no more NTSC/PAL video templates (people don't really seem to do that stuff much anymore),
- a smaller selection of display and video frame size templates (only most popular ones),
- web banners are restricted to the 5 ones that Google AdSense currently recommends.

Especially regarding video frame sizes, I've seen http://unravel.com.au/files/Unravel_Resolution_CheatSheet.pdf, and that road the madness lies :) Unless we introduce some sort of 'template family' categorization or a search box, my suggestion would be to stick to a limited set of templates that are of use to most users.

I don't feel particularly good about "promoting" particular brands (Apple/Samsung's stuff), and I'm not sure whether trademarks apply, but if it proves to be useful to end-users, so be it.

Additionally, I would drop the toilet paper template at the risk of being ridiculed by more chilled-out team members, but that's just a suggestion :)

Also, the master branch now features a small selection of presets for the Crop tool. Personally, I very much hope that we can also get an updated selection of painting presets/brushes/dynamics by Americo et al.

Alex