RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

RGB-clip

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

RGB-clip Elle Stone 29 Mar 15:24
  RGB-clip Michael Natterer 30 Mar 09:02
   RGB-clip Elle Stone 30 Mar 16:09
Elle Stone
2017-03-29 15:24:23 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

RGB-clip

I'd like to (and have already started) working on writing documentation for RGB-clip.

According to Bug 778101 Missing docs: new RGB Clip filter https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=778101 this missing documentation bug is assigned to Róman Joost.

Would Róman Joost prefer to add the documentation for RGB clip? In which case I should stop working on this bit of documentation and find something that isn't already assigned to someone else.

I see that Joost has been assigned a lot of the documentation for GIMP color-management-related items. So I'll probably be asking this question again.

Best,
Elle

Michael Natterer
2017-03-30 09:02:39 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

RGB-clip

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 11:24 -0400, Elle Stone wrote:

I'd like to (and have already started) working on writing documentation 
for RGB-clip.

According to Bug 778101 Missing docs: new RGB Clip filter  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=778101 this missing  documentation bug is assigned to Róman Joost.

Would Róman Joost prefer to add the documentation for RGB clip? In which 
case I should stop working on this bit of documentation and find  something that isn't already assigned to someone else.

I see that Joost has been assigned a lot of the documentation for GIMP 
color-management-related items. So I'll probably be asking this question 
again.

Hi Elle,

no need to ask again, the bug assignments can be ignored, we got rid of them in the GIMP bugzilla product, because they only serve one purpose: keeping people from getting started :)

Regards, Mitch

Elle Stone
2017-03-30 16:09:23 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

RGB-clip

Hi All,

Just fyi,

RGB-clip in the Colors menu requires refering to the Image/Precision menu, which isn't already in the documentation. Also "precision" needs a glossary entry.

So I'm working on all the following files at once:

Existing files:

* src/glossary.xml to change the entries that use integer values to instead use floating point values, and to add an entry for precision and other stuff as seems appropriate.

* src/menus/colors.xml to add RGB clip

* src/colors/mode.xml to move color management out of this item

* src/menus/image.xml to add/rearrange entries for precision, color management, and while I'm at it, metadata which is also missing

New files under Image menu:

* color-management.xml and sub-menus

* metadata.xml for which I might only create a stub, at least for now

* precision.xml

New file under Color menu:

* rgb-clip.xml

In case you all are getting worried, I don't anticipate having any questions :) .

Best,
L