RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

script recording

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

script recording Paul Thompson 10 Mar 18:17
  script recording Partha Bagchi 10 Mar 19:09
  script recording Michael Schumacher 26 Mar 20:50
Paul Thompson
2017-03-10 18:17:25 UTC (about 7 years ago)

script recording

I am working on a script recorder for GIMP. I actually have a small grant for this from ORI.

1) I am trying to do a basic thing - determine the files that are opened for image source and image export. I found the name of the source file. I am now working on the export file name. a) This is done as best I can tell with a number of save_image calls. These all are in different places related to image encoding (jpeg, png, etc). I assume this is sort of an overloaded subroutine call. I cannot find where the save_image call is made. Once the name of the file is determined in the Export dialog, how is save_image called? And specifically where is the export dialog?

2) Is there a meta-level description of the GIMP event loop? This would be a listing of the main event handler, and a listing of what is called for each event which is raised in the event loop.

Paul A. Thompson, Ph.D., PSTAT

Partha Bagchi
2017-03-10 19:09:28 UTC (about 7 years ago)

script recording

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Paul Thompson wrote:

I am working on a script recorder for GIMP. I actually have a small grant for this from ORI.

1) I am trying to do a basic thing - determine the files that are opened for image source and image export. I found the name of the source file. I am now working on the export file name. a) This is done as best I can tell with a number of save_image calls. These all are in different places related to image encoding (jpeg, png, etc). I assume this is sort of an overloaded subroutine call. I cannot find where the save_image call is made. Once the name of the file is determined in the Export dialog, how is save_image called? And specifically where is the export dialog?

2) Is there a meta-level description of the GIMP event loop? This would be a listing of the main event handler, and a listing of what is called for each event which is raised in the event loop.

Paul A. Thompson, Ph.D., PSTAT

I might be missing something. But have you looked at file-save.c in app/file/?

If you are working on a script recorder, is it possible to mimic how "undo" is done, since undo has to remember steps you took so that it can undo?

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp- developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Michael Schumacher
2017-03-26 20:50:54 UTC (about 7 years ago)

script recording

On 03/10/2017 07:17 PM, Paul Thompson wrote:

Nice.

The lack of answers here is most likely because people think you are concentrating on a tiny step, without having a big picture of what you want to achieve. It would be useful if you could elaborate on the overall design of your planned recorder.

Have you considered anything that is suggested in the script recorder feature request in Bugzilla, or taken hints from previous attempts at script recording in GIMP (there have been some, web searches should be able to find them)?

Also, it would be good if you could make it a habit to be on the #gimp IRC channel on irc.gimp.org - European evenings work best to meet other developers there.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD