RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Basics and getting started

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Basics and getting started Paul Thompson 06 Mar 16:27
Paul Thompson
2017-03-06 16:27:16 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Basics and getting started

I am beginning a project about enabling a script recorder (you do actions, they are recorded for later playback).

Thus far, I have done the following:

1) Within Windows 10, downloaded and installed msys. Following well-written instructions (which worked 100% correctly), I downloaded tools, installed babl, gegl, and gimp. Using again these excellent instructions, I compiled the developmental gimp-2.9. I can run this version.

2) Following instructions found at

http://lightningismyname.blogspot.de/p/compiling-gimp.html

I compiled gimp-2.9 with the debug flag. Now, when I run gimp-2.9, debug messages appear in my msys command tool window. All good.

3) I am now trying to understand how to modify the program. I have put a few probe-type commands in various places. Since I get a debug message from

gimp/app/display/gimpdisplayshell-profile

I accessed this file and modified by adding another line with a modified message directly above the line showing up in the debug.

4) make -j4 and make install -j4 are both successful

5) In running gimp-2.9, my added line, and other lines in other programs do not show up. Checking dates/times, all .o files are compiled up to date.

What have I omitted in this process?

Paul A. Thompson