RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Another thank you from a new fan

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Another thank you from a new fan C R 09 Feb 19:39
C R
2017-02-09 19:39:58 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Another thank you from a new fan

Hey folks. Welcome back from Wilber Week. I had some nice comments from a student of mine who has taken up GIMP after I taught her how to get started using it for her artwork. She will be making commercial products with it, as I do, and I asked her to write up a quick summary of what she said to me in person.

So here it is, another thankyou letter from artists inspired by the work you all put into GIMP, and of course, my thanks as usual. :)

Quote: from Anna Tong, illustrator, who works with watercolours - -----
So the first thing I love about Gimp (an obvious one I guess!) is that it's free. I just find it so enabling and it has really allowed me to make headway with my designs. I can't get over the fact that it is free. Just fantastic.

I also like how it does follow quite a few similar tools on other platforms, like the clone tool etc. which I recall from Photoshop, as well as layering, and the colour sampling tool etc. I love how you can open several files at once and switch back and forth (I can't recall doing that on Photoshop but maybe I didn't know how).

At the moment I'm using it as a bit of a cross between Illustrator and Photoshop. I take photos of my paintings and cut them out on Gimp and rearrange them and then tweak them and draw bits here and there. It's allowed me to play with colours and arrangements.

Hope this is enough, let me know if you need more! Please thank them on my behalf!
-----

Regards and thanks for all you do. -C