RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ROMANIAN translation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

640277919.1972829.148641136... 06 Feb 20:03
  ROMANIAN translation Artit Media via gimp-docs-list 06 Feb 20:02
   ROMANIAN translation Alexandre Prokoudine 06 Feb 21:03
   ROMANIAN translation Alexandre Prokoudine 06 Feb 21:10
    ROMANIAN translation Michael Schumacher 07 Feb 01:29
Artit Media via gimp-docs-list
2017-02-06 20:02:46 UTC (about 7 years ago)

ROMANIAN translation

Hello all !I would be very interested to start the ROMANIAN translation of the GIMP manual, but I had a read through the documentation and I couldn't get my head around how to fork the manual for a new translation.Please let me know how can I start working on it. And also WELL DONE FOR GIMP!!!It is a a great project  and I will try to support it as much as I can.

Thank you and I wish all the developers GOOD LUCK with the project! __________________________
Best regards,

Alexandre Prokoudine
2017-02-06 21:03:39 UTC (about 7 years ago)

ROMANIAN translation

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Artit Media via gimp-docs-list wrote:

Hello all !I would be very interested to start the ROMANIAN translation of the GIMP manual, but I had a read through the documentation and I couldn't get my head around how to fork the manual for a new translation.

You don't fork it :)

I've just added basic intro docs for you:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp-help-2/tree/TRANSLATING

That should get you started. Let me know if you have more questions. I'll add more stuff in the meantime.

Alex

Alexandre Prokoudine
2017-02-06 21:10:35 UTC (about 7 years ago)

ROMANIAN translation

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Artit Media via gimp-docs-list wrote:

Hello all !I would be very interested to start the ROMANIAN translation of the GIMP manual, but I had a read through the documentation and I couldn't get my head around how to fork the manual for a new translation. Please let me know how can I start working on it.

Oh, and two more things.

1. The git repository URL depends on your access level. If you have an account with GNOME, you probably already know which one you need. If you don't, and you want to be able to push changes yourself, you need a GNOME account.

2. I find it difficult to recommend to translate Git master right now. We recently started documenting upcoming GIMP 2.10, and that means that things are in flux. Some or many of your translations may become obsolete (it's hard to say now). At the same time, translating the 'gimp-help-2-8' branch is probably not desirable either, because we are not planning any new help releases for GIMP 2.8. So it's up to you which branch you want to translate.

Alex

Michael Schumacher
2017-02-07 01:29:04 UTC (about 7 years ago)

ROMANIAN translation

On 02/06/2017 10:10 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

At the same time, translating the 'gimp-help-2-8' branch is probably not desirable either, because we are not planning any new help releases for GIMP 2.8. So it's up to you which branch you want to translate.

Even if we make no more releases of the 2.8 docs, the translation would show up on https://docs.gimp.org/ - likely https://docs.gimp.org/ro/, unless I looked up the wrong language code.

Anyone using the online docs would be able to browse the help in Romanian then.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD