RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Strange LINGUAS in GIMP quick reference makefile

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CACu53wmmWVPkQCg9LpvYwaQbEw... 07 Oct 20:11
  Strange LINGUAS in GIMP quick reference makefile Ask Hjorth Larsen 03 Oct 17:16
Ask Hjorth Larsen
2016-10-03 17:16:51 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Strange LINGUAS in GIMP quick reference makefile

Hi gimp documentation team

I was in the process of updating the Danish translation of the quick reference.

The Makefile.am defines ALL_LINGUAS and QUICKREFERENCE_ALL_LINGUAS.

Neither variable is completely consistent with the set of existing translations: Each is missing some languages, and also the variables contain nl for which there are no translations.

By divine inspiration I assume that both variables really should contain all the languages. This patch will update the two variables to include all languages for which languages exist:

http://dcwww.camd.dtu.dk/~askhl/files/gimp-quickref-makefile.diff

Is that correct and good?

Personally I could add 'da' and commit that, but that would not fix the other languages, and strictly I am not sure whether to add 'da' in one or both. So what should be done?

Best regards Ask

2016-10-03 10:58 GMT+02:00 Ask Hjorth Larsen :

Hello

In the GIMP quick reference, the Makefile.am contains:

ALL_LINGUAS ?= de el en es fr it ja ko nl nn ru sl sv zh_CN QUICKREFERENCE_ALL_LINGUAS ?= ca de el en fi fr it ja ko pl ru sv zh_CN QUICKREFERENCE_LINGUAS = $(filter $(ALL_LINGUAS), $(QUICKREFERENCE_ALL_LINGUAS))

I am not really an expert in make, and I would like to add Danish, 'da'. To which of the two lists should 'da' be added, or should it be added to both? And why?

I notice that most languages are listed in both, but ca is only in the second, and es is only in the first. Might this be an error?

Best regards Ask