RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Automation information/documentation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Automation information/documentation Mikael Jörgenstam 11 Sep 12:56
  GIMP Automation information/documentation Alexandre Prokoudine 07 Oct 20:49
Mikael Jörgenstam
2016-09-11 12:56:30 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Attempting to find information about the following, and not finding suitable information in the current manual / docs. This is my last resort.

I am highly dependent on automation and am looking for a viable alternative to Adobes product lines. The automation features I need in a product are image scaling, cropping, resizing output or saved images
resolution modification and such, often on several hundred of images at a time.
Every run is different and previously I have tried Photoshop with Automate.

Is there any means by which GIMP would be able to serve as a substitute, preferably without having to
learn a whole new set of coding syntax to enable some specific editing each time I need to do a batch run?

I did read the Automation and macro information on the website but it does not appear to support recording macros? Am I correct in this or is there more information which yet have to make it's way into the manuals/docs?

--- Mikael J

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-10-07 20:49:07 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Mikael Jörgenstam wrote:

Attempting to find information about the following, and not finding suitable information in the current manual / docs. This is my last resort.

I am highly dependent on automation and am looking for a viable alternative to Adobes product lines.
The automation features I need in a product are image scaling, cropping, resizing output or saved images
resolution modification and such, often on several hundred of images at a time.
Every run is different and previously I have tried Photoshop with Automate.

Is there any means by which GIMP would be able to serve as a substitute, preferably without having to
learn a whole new set of coding syntax to enable some specific editing each time I need to do a batch run?

Are you familiar with http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/ ?

Alex