RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

webp format?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.3.1471867202.31486.... 22 Aug 17:14
  webp format? Ben 22 Aug 17:13
   webp format? Elle Stone 23 Aug 19:26
   webp format? Owen Cook 24 Aug 02:25
Ben
2016-08-22 17:13:51 UTC (over 7 years ago)

webp format?

Hi Elle,

Yes all the libs are required to make webp work and animation on works properly from 0.5.1+ and i used this to test builds for the plugin:

./configure --enable-libwebpmux --enable-libwebpdemux --enable-libwebpdecoder --enable-libwebpextras

Only the first three should be really required.

Ben

On 08/22/2016 08:00 AM, gimp-developer-list-request@gnome.org wrote:

libwebp-0.5.1:

WebP Configuration Summary --------------------------

Shared libraries: yes Static libraries: yes
Threading support: yes
libwebp: yes
libwebpdecoder: no
libwebpdemux: no
libwebpmux: no
libwebpextras: no

Hmm, there is the problem:
0050-INSTALL-libwebp-must-be-built-with-enable-libwebpmux.patch

For whatever reason libwebp wasn't built with webpmux. Perhaps that's an option that can be configured when installing libwebp.

Elle Stone
2016-08-23 19:26:57 UTC (over 7 years ago)

webp format?

On 08/22/2016 01:13 PM, Ben wrote:

Hi Elle,

Yes all the libs are required to make webp work and animation on works properly from 0.5.1+ and i used this to test builds for the plugin:

./configure --enable-libwebpmux --enable-libwebpdemux --enable-libwebpdecoder --enable-libwebpextras

Ben

Ben, thanks! I finally got GIMP to compile with webp support.

Originally I had installed libwebp in /usr/local, without the above-listed options. But even after enabling the above-listed options and reinstalling, GIMP wouldn't compile - the build would fail when it got to the webp-save code, with the following terminal output:

file-webp-save.o: In function `WebPAnimEncoderOptionsInit': /usr/local/include/webp/mux.h:454: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderOptionsInitInternal' file-webp-save.o: In function `save_animation': build/gimp/plug-ins/file-webp/file-webp-save.c:494: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderAdd'
build/gimp/plug-ins/file-webp/file-webp-save.c:512: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderAdd'
build/gimp/plug-ins/file-webp/file-webp-save.c:514: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderAssemble'
build/gimp/plug-ins/file-webp/file-webp-save.c:551: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderDelete'
build/gimp/plug-ins/file-webp/file-webp-save.c:516: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderGetError'
file-webp-save.o: In function `WebPAnimEncoderNew': /usr/local/include/webp/mux.h:471: undefined reference to `WebPAnimEncoderNewInternal'

Uninstalling libwebp from /usr/local and installing it directly in the prefix in which GIMP is built allowed the build to finish, and now GIMP indeed can open and save webp files.

Does anyone know why GIMP couldn't find WebPAnimEncoder when libwebp was installed in /usr/local? Maybe I needed to tell GIMP to include /usr/local/lib or some such? Maybe something like this? export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"

Best, Elle

Owen Cook
2016-08-24 02:25:42 UTC (over 7 years ago)

webp format?

Thanks, that did the trick.

I built into /usr/local and I can now open webp format images.

The path in this debian based system includes /usr/local/bin.

OWEN

Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 3:13 AM From: Ben
To: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] webp format?

Hi Elle,

Ben

On 08/22/2016 08:00 AM, gimp-developer-list-request@gnome.org wrote:

libwebp-0.5.1:

WebP Configuration Summary --------------------------

Shared libraries: yes Static libraries: yes
Threading support: yes
libwebp: yes
libwebpdecoder: no
libwebpdemux: no
libwebpmux: no
libwebpextras: no

Hmm, there is the problem:
0050-INSTALL-libwebp-must-be-built-with-enable-libwebpmux.patch

For whatever reason libwebp wasn't built with webpmux. Perhaps that's an option that can be configured when installing libwebp.

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list