RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New functionality request

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New functionality request Marc Mascré 31 Jul 08:28
  New functionality request Alexandre Prokoudine 01 Aug 10:15
   New functionality request Petteri Soininen 01 Aug 11:57
    New functionality request Marc 10 Oct 09:12
     New functionality request Alexandre Prokoudine 10 Oct 09:27
   New functionality request Marc Mascré 01 Aug 20:46
Marc Mascré
2016-07-31 08:28:30 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Hello everybody,

I would like to have a new functionality and I would like to submit to you this idea. I need an auto align layer tool (rotation and translation). Photoshop have it and I miss it a lot.

In fact, I think we could use and existing algorithm. Hugin, a panorama maker, have this function. And for example Luminance-HDR, an HDR picture maker, have an option to use Hugin algorithm to autoalign pictures before merge it.

I'd like to have a tool to do :

layer > auto align

and pow, it's done !

I look for a plugin to do it and I found some plugin to align layer. But they are not automatic enough and they only align layer 2 per 2. With an automatic tool, we could align many layer in the same time.

Do you think it is possible to have this function like Photoshop ?

Thanks a lot.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-08-01 10:15:20 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Marc Mascré wrote:

Hello everybody,

I would like to have a new functionality and I would like to submit to you this idea. I need an auto align layer tool (rotation and translation). Photoshop have it and I miss it a lot.

In fact, I think we could use and existing algorithm. Hugin, a panorama maker, have this function. And for example Luminance-HDR, an HDR picture maker, have an option to use Hugin algorithm to autoalign pictures before merge it.

Yes, Luminance HDR can use the alignment tool from Hugin. Which means you have to have Hugin installed, if you need that feature. We cannot demand that from our users.

A native function (or maybe a GEGL op?) would come in handy in quite a few cases, including exposure combination (whenever someone writes UI for that GEGL tool). Patches are welcome ;)

Alex

Petteri Soininen
2016-08-01 11:57:29 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Hi,

If I correctly interpreted what I read and understood what Hugin algorithm does, then wouldn't it be more appropriate to adapt it to GEGL than making it a GIMP feature?

Petteri

On 1.8.2016 13:15, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Hello everybody,

Yes, Luminance HDR can use the alignment tool from Hugin. Which means you have to have Hugin installed, if you need that feature. We cannot demand that from our users.

A native function (or maybe a GEGL op?) would come in handy in quite a few cases, including exposure combination (whenever someone writes UI for that GEGL tool). Patches are welcome ;)

Alex _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Marc Mascré
2016-08-01 20:46:35 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Le 01/08/2016 à 12:15, Alexandre Prokoudine a écrit :

Ok but may be we can have a fork of this algorithm integrated to gimp. With this, no more hugin installation is needed, wright ?

A native function (or maybe a GEGL op?) would come in handy in quite a few cases, including exposure combination (whenever someone writes UI for that GEGL tool).

I'm sorry but I'm a simple user and I don't know what is GEGL. sorry :-/

Patches are welcome

Sure, but my problem is I don't know writing code. As I said, I'm just a user. I talk about gimp around me the most I can. But that is my only competence.

I ask this new feature here because I read somewhere on the bug tracker that is better to ask for a new functionality here. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I use gimp for photography and very often on video, guys show how to do something or something else with Photoshop. And very often this function is called. So I'm not able to reproduce.

It let me two solutions : - going back on Photoshop
- asking for this function on Gimp.

And I really, but really, don't want to going back on Photoshop.

Thanks

Marc

Marc
2016-10-10 09:12:06 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Hi

Could I create a new Bug report on bugzilla for this ?

Marc

Le 01/08/2016 13:57, Petteri Soininen a écrit :

Hi,

If I correctly interpreted what I read and understood what Hugin algorithm does, then wouldn't it be more appropriate to adapt it to GEGL than making it a GIMP feature?

Petteri

On 1.8.2016 13:15, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Hello everybody,

I would like to have a new functionality and I would like to submit to you
this idea. I need an auto align layer tool (rotation and translation). Photoshop have it and I miss it a lot.

In fact, I think we could use and existing algorithm. Hugin, a panorama maker, have this function. And for example Luminance-HDR, an HDR picture
maker, have an option to use Hugin algorithm to autoalign pictures before
merge it.

Alex _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-10-10 09:27:06 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Marc wrote:

Hi

Could I create a new Bug report on bugzilla for this ?

You are welcome to :)

Alex