RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

mypaint brushes - gimp git master

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mypaint brushes - gimp git master Americo Gobbo 14 Jun 16:00
  mypaint brushes - gimp git master Americo Gobbo 14 Jun 16:37
   mypaint brushes - gimp git master Michael Natterer 14 Jun 17:44
Americo Gobbo
2016-06-14 16:00:16 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Error opening GIMP Git Master:
$:/opt/gimp-default-master/bin$ ./gimp-2.9 This is a development version of GIMP. Debug messages may appear here.

gimp-2.9: mypaint-brush.c:239: mypaint_brush_set_base_value: Assertion `id >= 0 && id < MYPAINT_BRUSH_SETTINGS_COUNT' failed. ./gimp-2.9: terminated: Aborted

If you have shared the folder of mypaint brushes with GIMP Git Master... and you upload a new set... in MyPaint... when you try open GIMP it is aborted. The error happens only with the sets... create a new brush in sets already present don't happens problems. I am using MyPaint 1.2, from git and my folder brushes is in the my Home > .local/share/mypaint/brushes

The GIMP git master commit 8ac1e40 DE Gnome 3.10 - ubuntu gnome 14.04.2

Americo Gobbo
2016-06-14 16:37:10 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Some new info...

$:/opt/gimp-default-master/bin$ ./gimp-2.9 This is a development version of GIMP. Debug messages may appear here.

gimp-2.9: mypaint-brush.c:239: mypaint_brush_set_base_value: Assertion `id >= 0 && id < MYPAINT_BRUSH_SETTINGS_COUNT' failed. ./gimp-2.9: terminated: Aborted

If you have shared the folder of mypaint brushes with GIMP Git Master... and you upload a new set... in MyPaint... when you try open GIMP it is aborted. The error happens only with the sets... create a new brush in sets already present don't happens problems. I am using MyPaint 1.2, from git and my folder brushes is in the my Home > .local/share/mypaint/brushes

If you create a new group directly on MyPaint is OK, and GIMP opening normally.
If you try import a new set on MyPaint, when you try to open GIMP... is aborted.
Thanks

Michael Natterer
2016-06-14 17:44:49 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 13:37 -0300, Americo Gobbo wrote:

Some new info...

$:/opt/gimp-default-master/bin$ ./gimp-2.9 This is a development version of GIMP.  Debug messages may appear here.

If you have shared the folder of mypaint brushes with GIMP Git Master... and you upload a new set... in MyPaint... when you try open GIMP it is aborted.
The error happens only with the sets... create a new brush in sets already present don't happens problems. I am using MyPaint 1.2, from git and my folder brushes is in the my Home > .local/share/mypaint/brushes

If you create a new group directly on MyPaint is OK, and GIMP opening 
normally.
If you try import a new set on MyPaint, when you try to open GIMP... is 
aborted.

Thanks for the report, please identify a brush file where this happens and attach it to a new bug in bugzilla.

--Mitch