RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

screenshot lost option, also an error message is printed to screen

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

screenshot lost option, also an error message is printed to screen Elle Stone 30 May 21:58
  screenshot lost option, also an error message is printed to screen Michael Natterer 30 May 23:31
   screenshot lost option, also an error message is printed to screen Elle Stone 30 May 23:42
Elle Stone
2016-05-30 21:58:49 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Recent changes have been made to the screenshot code.

There used to be an option to select a portion of the screen to grab. That very useful option is now gone. Is there a reason? Can whoever removed it please put it back?

Probably a completely unrelated issue, but every time I make a screenshot, an error message is printed to the screen, that says:

Execution error for procedure 'gimp-image-attach-parasite': 'gimp-comment' parasite validation failed: comment contains invalid UTF-8

Best,
Elle

Michael Natterer
2016-05-30 23:31:27 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On Mon, 2016-05-30 at 17:58 -0400, Elle Stone wrote:

There used to be an option to select a portion of the screen to grab. 
That very useful option is now gone. Is there a reason? Can whoever  removed it please put it back?

It's fixed now, got lost in a recent change.

Probably a completely unrelated issue, but every time I make a  screenshot, an error message is printed to the screen, that says:

Execution error for procedure 'gimp-image-attach-parasite': 'gimp-comment' parasite validation failed: comment contains invalid UTF-8

I added that check, but why it's triggered on things where it shouldn't is mysterious to me, I'm looking into it.

Mitch

Elle Stone
2016-05-30 23:42:26 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On 05/30/2016 07:31 PM, Michael Natterer wrote:

On Mon, 2016-05-30 at 17:58 -0400, Elle Stone wrote:

There used to be an option to select a portion of the screen to grab.
That very useful option is now gone. Is there a reason? Can whoever removed it please put it back?

It's fixed now, got lost in a recent change.

Many thanks!

Elle