RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Please, if you can, change this in GIMP 2.10

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Please, if you can, change this in GIMP 2.10 Saša Radovanović 26 May 14:12
Saša Radovanović
2016-05-26 14:12:09 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Please, if you can, change this in GIMP 2.10

Dear Sir or Madame,

First of all, I want to thank you for your work on GIMP!

Second, I have some problems with opening Photoshop PSD files with layer masks. Actually, when I open Photoshop PSD file with layer mask (like attached file "Image with Layer.jpg") in GIMP it doesn't open layer at the same size as the image which it belongs to, instead GIMP opens layer in their own size (Layer Boundary Size) which cut-off layer mask (look at attached file "Image with Layer Mask GIMP.jpg") so that it doesn't look like in Photoshop (look at attached file "Image with Layer Mask Photoshop.jpg") even after doing "Layer to Image Size" (look at attached file "Image with Layer Mask GIMP after Layer to Image Size.jpg"). This cause that some Map Filters (Bump Map, Displace, Warp...) doesn't work right because they usually need layer mask (Map) to be larger then layer.

So I want to please you, if it's possible, to change the way how GIMP open Photoshop PSD files so that it opens layer at the same size as the image which it belongs to so that it doesn't cut-off layer mask or give a choice to users how they want to open Photoshop PSD files in GIMP (with layer size on its own or layer size same as the image which it belongs to).

*Sincerely,Sasa Radovanovic*