RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to transfer the darktable plug-in processed raw file to GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to transfer the darktable plug-in processed raw file to GIMP Elle Stone 27 Apr 14:51
  How to transfer the darktable plug-in processed raw file to GIMP Tobias Ellinghaus 27 Apr 18:58
Elle Stone
2016-04-27 14:51:39 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Upon attempting to open my sample CR2 file from within GIMP (updated this morning) using the darktable plug-in, darktable does indeed open the raw file in the usual darktable window.

However it's not obvious (at least not to me) how to then persuade darktable to transfer the processed raw file from darktable back to GIMP.

Closing the darktable window does immediately transfer the processed raw file back to GIMP.

Is there a more "official" way to transfer the darktable-processed raw file from darktable to GIMP?

Best, Elle

Tobias Ellinghaus
2016-04-27 18:58:39 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2016, 10:51:39 schrieb Elle Stone:

Upon attempting to open my sample CR2 file from within GIMP (updated this morning) using the darktable plug-in, darktable does indeed open the raw file in the usual darktable window.

However it's not obvious (at least not to me) how to then persuade darktable to transfer the processed raw file from darktable back to GIMP.

Closing the darktable window does immediately transfer the processed raw file back to GIMP.

Is there a more "official" way to transfer the darktable-processed raw file from darktable to GIMP?

No, that's how it's supposed to work: close darktable and wait for it to export the file that GIMP then opens.

Best,
Elle

Tobias