RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Darktable plug-in in GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Darktable plug-in in GIMP Mika Mantere 23 Apr 21:26
  Darktable plug-in in GIMP Michael Natterer 23 Apr 21:52
   Darktable plug-in in GIMP Mika Mantere 23 Apr 22:29
Mika Mantere
2016-04-23 21:26:47 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use darktable gimp plug-in to get images directly from DT to Gimp without having to export them in one format from DT and then open them in Gimp?

I have Darktable Unstable and Gimp 2.9.3 (unstable), both from PPAs, running on Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks, Mika

Michael Natterer
2016-04-23 21:52:42 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On Sat, 2016-04-23 at 14:26 -0700, Mika Mantere wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use darktable gimp plug-in to get images directly
from DT to Gimp without having to export them in one format from DT and
then open them in Gimp?

I have Darktable Unstable and Gimp 2.9.3 (unstable), both from PPAs, running on Ubuntu 16.04.

You open the image in GIMP and it will launch darktable to import it. When you quit darktable it will be transferred to GIMP.

The problem is that you currently have to pick the file format from the expandable list in the open dialog. We are working on automating this.

--Mitch

Mika Mantere
2016-04-23 22:29:10 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Works like a charm! Thank you!

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Michael Natterer wrote:

On Sat, 2016-04-23 at 14:26 -0700, Mika Mantere wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use darktable gimp plug-in to get images directly
from DT to Gimp without having to export them in one format from DT and
then open them in Gimp?

You open the image in GIMP and it will launch darktable to import it. When you quit darktable it will be transferred to GIMP.

The problem is that you currently have to pick the file format from the expandable list in the open dialog. We are working on automating this.

--Mitch