RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Code for editing in non-sRGB color spaces

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.3.1461240001.12342.... 21 Apr 14:28
  Code for editing in non-sRGB color spaces Ben 21 Apr 14:28
Ben
2016-04-21 14:28:22 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Code for editing in non-sRGB color spaces

Hi Elle,

Can't speak for anyone else but i am interested, i was hoping to have the time to check out and test run the patches this weekend but sadly haven't had time so far. I wasn't attending but I know LGM 2016 was this week so maybe that's why no one's commented so far.

Ben

On 04/21/2016 08:00 AM, gimp-developer-list-request@gnome.org wrote:

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:10:37 -0400 From: Elle Stone
To: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Code for editing in non-sRGB color spaces

I followed the GNOME Git account tutorial and now have a GNOME Git account that is approved for accessing GIMP. However, I don't see any mention of babl or GEGL. So I'm guessing that I can't set up "anyrgb" branches of babl/GEGL/GIMP for testing the code that I've written for editing using user-chosen colorants. But please let me know if I'm guessing incorrectly.

There has been a obvious lack of response to this thread and to my posts to https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=737778. So I'll just ask:

Is there any interest in allowing GIMP users to edit in color spaces other than sRGB? I mean for GIMP 2.10 rather than for "future GIMP"?

Best, Elle