RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Open problem on Mac

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Open problem on Mac mkirst@cfl.rr.com 12 Apr 21:46
  GIMP Open problem on Mac Sven Claussner 13 Apr 04:26
mkirst@cfl.rr.com
2016-04-12 21:46:36 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

GIMP Open problem on Mac

Greetings,

I am not presently subscribed to any IRC or GIMP groups. I have a Mac running OS X “El Capitan” version 10.11.4. I have tried to install and use GIMP for OS X from the gimp.org site. When I attempt to run GIMP, I receive an error from the “gatekeeper” because GIMP is not from the MAC App Store or from a known developer. I am hoping there is a work-around for this or that this will be resolved in an upcoming release. I am deeply involved in photography and in need of a serious “darkroom” application for processing the photos I take. To me, this means using GIMP since that has been what I have used when using UNIX, Linux, and Windows computers.

Thank you very much in advance! Michael Kirst
mkirst@cfl.rr.com

Sven Claussner
2016-04-13 04:26:57 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

GIMP Open problem on Mac

Hi,

On 12.4.2016 at 11:46 PM Mkirst wrote:

When I attempt to run GIMP, I receive an error from the “gatekeeper” because GIMP is not from the MAC App Store or from a known developer. I am hoping there is a work-around for this or that this will be resolved in an upcoming release.

Right click on GIMP, select 'Open' and confirm the warning that this software is not from a known developer with an Apple ID. I can advice this only for downloads from our website www.gimp.org because this is the only download site we have control over. We are free people offering free software and decided not to pay Apple every year for getting less control over our deployment process.

I am deeply involved in photography and in need of a serious “darkroom” application for processing the photos I take.

Many of us are involved into photography, too. For quicker mass photo processing you might also consider using the raw processor darktable (see www.darktable.org), which is specialized for this job. And there's the website pixls.us where you can get more information and discuss free/open source photography. Anyway, you're welcome to use GIMP.

Greetings

Sven