RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gegl builds fail

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gegl builds fail richard brown 23 Mar 12:41
richard brown
2016-03-23 12:41:10 UTC (about 8 years ago)

gegl builds fail

On 21/03/16 22:17, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:49 PM, richard brown wrote:

I've been running gimp 2.9 in my home directory for some time now. Recently
however, gegl 0.3.2, 0.3.4 and 0.3.6 have all failed to build, I have current git pulls of glib, babl, gexiv2, harfbuzz. gegl 0.3.0 does build,
however. The current git pull of gegl fails with:

CC ff_save_la-ff-save.lo ff-save.c: In function 'write_audio_frame': ff-save.c:429:34: error: 'AV_CODEC_CAP_VARIABLE_FRAME_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
if (!(c->codec->capabilities & AV_CODEC_CAP_VARIABLE_FRAME_SIZE)) ^ ff-save.c:429:34: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
each function it appears in
ff-save.c: In function 'write_video_frame': ff-save.c:824:40: error: 'AV_CODEC_CAP_INTRA_ONLY' undeclared (first use in
this function)
if (c->codec->capabilities & AV_CODEC_CAP_INTRA_ONLY)

Which version of ffmpeg / libavformat do you have installed? This should be reported by $ pkg-config --modversion libavformat # on my system it reports 57.28.100 and GEGL is rigged up to not try building with older than 55.48.100 - maybe this needs to be bumped to avoid trying to build with an as old version of libavformat as you have.

libavformat version is 56.36.100

A
possible workaround is passing --without-libavformat to autogen/configure to skip building the ffmpeg based ops (which aren't used by GIMP anyway).

/pippin

-which worked! Thank-you. Gimp has built too.