RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Export to JPEG dialog: setting default subsampling

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Export to JPEG dialog: setting default subsampling wwp 16 Jan 16:23
  Export to JPEG dialog: setting default subsampling wwp 16 Jan 18:53
   Export to JPEG dialog: setting default subsampling wwp 01 Feb 16:57
wwp
2016-01-16 16:23:04 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hello there,

(using Gimp 2.8.14 in Linux)

Once, I've set the default JPEG export options to use the 4:4:4 subsampling value: I've set the export to JPEG dialog options to what I wanted then clicked the "save defaults" button.

When I export images to JPEG, I notice that the factory value is proposed (4:4:2 horizontal) in the dialog, instead of the default value I've set, other settings do respect my wishes. Is this behaviour expected?

FYI, the 'use quality settings from original image' checkbox is unset here, and clicking the "load defaults" does set the expected 4:4:4 value.

Regards,

wwp
wwp
2016-01-16 18:53:52 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 17:23:04 +0100 wwp wrote:

Once, I've set the default JPEG export options to use the 4:4:4 subsampling value: I've set the export to JPEG dialog options to what I wanted then clicked the "save defaults" button.

When I export images to JPEG, I notice that the factory value is proposed (4:4:2 horizontal) in the dialog, instead of the default value I've set, other settings do respect my wishes. Is this behaviour expected?

FYI, the 'use quality settings from original image' checkbox is unset here, and clicking the "load defaults" does set the expected 4:4:4 value.

Hmm it seems to be: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747054, sorry for the noise!

Regards,

wwp
wwp
2016-02-01 16:57:44 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hello,

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 19:53:52 +0100 wwp wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 17:23:04 +0100 wwp wrote:

Hmm it seems to be: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747054, sorry for the noise!

In addition to my own noise, I presume there is no other option to set the default subsampling but editing the sources?

Regards,

wwp