RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 9 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Alexander Rabtchevich 13 Jan 20:26
  Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Alexandre Prokoudine 21 Jan 20:46
   trinity-a79b84c4-c0f6-4826-... 24 Jan 07:15
    Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Alexandre Prokoudine 24 Jan 07:15
  Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Sven Claussner 24 Jan 08:51
   Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Alexander Rabtchevich 24 Jan 19:49
    Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Sven Claussner 24 Jan 20:52
     trinity-032c70f3-a393-4987-... 27 Jan 05:11
      Cannot move a node in a contour in 2.9.3 Sven Claussner 27 Jan 05:11
Alexander Rabtchevich
2016-01-13 20:26:12 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hello

A node cannot be moved - the cursor changes when the mouse is hovering above, but it is impossible to drag the node.

With respect, Alexander Rabtchevich

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-01-21 20:46:25 UTC (about 8 years ago)

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

Hello

A node cannot be moved - the cursor changes when the mouse is hovering above, but it is impossible to drag the node.

Can't confirm on Linux (Fedora 23).

Alex

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-01-24 07:15:38 UTC (about 8 years ago)

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

Hello, Alexandre

It works if nodes have been dragged at creation stage. If the nodes were created with click only, further editing changes their levers, but not the nodes itself.
Linux (Mint 17.3 x64 Mate) and Windows (7 x64).

Sorry, still can't confirm this (Fedora 23).

Alex

Sven Claussner
2016-01-24 08:51:07 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hi,

On 13.1.2016 at 9:26 PM Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

there are many places in GIMP where nodes can exist. Which tool are you using and what exactly are you trying to do?

Greetings

Sven

Alexander Rabtchevich
2016-01-24 19:49:19 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hi

I use the contour tool.

Steps to reproduce: 1. Do not drag nodes at the creation stage. Simply click - change mouse position - click - change position... 2. Enter the editing mode either by Ctrl or selecting the radio item in the tool setting.
3. Select a node with the mouse and drag it. It will select its lever and drag the lever control.
4. Select the same node again and drag it again. Another lever will be moved.
5. Try to select the node again and drag it. As there are no levers over it, the node itself is expected to be selected and moved. But it doesn't happen. When the LMB is down, the history item appears: "movement of lever", and it dissapears when the button is released.

With respect, Alexander Rabtchevich

Sven Claussner wrote:

Hi,

On 13.1.2016 at 9:26 PM Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

there are many places in GIMP where nodes can exist. Which tool are you using and what exactly are you trying to do?

Greetings

Sven

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Sven Claussner
2016-01-24 20:52:32 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hi,

thank you, Alexander, for trying to be more precise. I don't know a contour tool, but guess you mean the Paths tool and face a similar behavior here.
My solution for you is to enter the Design mode. You can drag the nodes around there as you desire.

To me it looks like you re-translated the texts back to English. Sometimes I make the same mistake. To avoid confusion please switch to the English language before reporting messages in public. You find in the Preferences dialog in the Interface panel.

Greetings

Sven

Sven Claussner
2016-01-27 05:11:41 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hi,

On 26.1.2016 at 8:05 AM Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

My bad, it is Paths tool. The nodes really can be moved in the design mode, but not in the edit mode. It is a bug.

I understand that it looks a bit inconvenient from your point of view, but it's not a bug.
Please look at the documentation:
http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-tool-path.html

The tool works as described and there is no specification ruling it otherwise. If you often move nodes around, then it's more suitable to stay in Design mode and press Ctrl/Cmd or Alt to edit or move the path.

Greetings

Sven