RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

30 second video for the GIMP project: New features & work from the past year

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

30 second video for the GIMP project: New features & work from the past year C R 06 Jan 19:13
  1452141359315.1774523591@boxbe 08 Jan 21:27
   30 second video for the GIMP project: Newfeatures & work from the past year Joseph Bupe 07 Jan 06:44
  30 second video for the GIMP project: New features & work from the past year Sven Claussner 07 Jan 04:27
   30 second video for the GIMP project: New features & work from the past year C R 07 Jan 07:49
C R
2016-01-06 19:13:07 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Okay, so there was not enough interest in doing the interview montage, so I'm back-burnering that one. :)

So instead, let's show them what's new in GIMP! I am doing a brief video commercial for the GIMP project with updates from the last year. So what are you favourite GIMP features/progress.

This will replace the "two slides" at LGM, with something much more swish and polished to show off the hard work that's been done in GIMP over the last year (starting from or around April last year).

What I need: A list of your favourite new features in GIMP (developed in the last year, or that will be finished and/or working by the date of LGM in April).

I will combine them with mine and submit a video (after showing to everyone on this mailing list and #gimp to make sure we have all the facts right.

Cheers. -C

Sven Claussner
2016-01-07 04:27:10 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Hi,

thanks for your offer!

On 6.1.2016 at 8:13 PM C R wrote:

What I need: A list of your favourite new features in GIMP (developed in the last year, or that will be finished and/or working by the date of LGM in April).

My favs are:
- improvements in color management and high bit depth color support, as they show that GIMP is a serious tool for professional work. I haven't tested them thoroughly yet, so some more testing and stabilizing might be necessary until LGM. - UI improvements, such as the new professional theme. - The unified transform tool (UTT) and the the handle transform tool. In my local tests on OS X the UTT's performance was a bit slow yet, so there might be performance improvements necessary.

Secondly I think if we had such a video at LGM we should negotiate and provide a 2.9.4. release with working builds for Windows, OS X and Linux at LGM, so people would be able to play with GIMP's new capabilities after the video made them curious and hungry.

Greetings

Sven

Joseph Bupe
2016-01-07 06:44:14 UTC (about 8 years ago)

30 second video for the GIMP project: Newfeatures & work from the past year

For me, that would include the following:

1. On-screen preview filters 2. Unified Transform tool
3. Blend tool
4. Foreground selection tool
5. MyPaint brushes
6. Color history
7. Canvas rotation

C R
2016-01-07 07:49:32 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Having a 2.9.4 release would be awesome! :) I can also help with an LGM/London splash screen for that GIMP release if we'd like to draw more eyes to LGM. It's always nice to have custom kit for special occasions. :)

-C

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Sven Claussner wrote:

Hi,

thanks for your offer!

On 6.1.2016 at 8:13 PM C R wrote:

What I need: A list of your favourite new features in GIMP (developed in

the last year, or that will be finished and/or working by the date of LGM in April).

My favs are:
- improvements in color management and high bit depth color support, as they show that GIMP is a serious tool for professional work. I haven't tested them thoroughly yet, so some more testing and stabilizing might be necessary until LGM. - UI improvements, such as the new professional theme. - The unified transform tool (UTT) and the the handle transform tool. In my local tests on OS X the UTT's performance was a bit slow yet, so there might be performance improvements necessary.

Secondly I think if we had such a video at LGM we should negotiate and provide a 2.9.4. release with working builds for Windows, OS X and Linux at LGM, so people would be able to play with GIMP's new capabilities after the video made them curious and hungry.

Greetings

Sven

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list