RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

get_data, set_data for gimp 2.9 drawable

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

get_data, set_data for gimp 2.9 drawable John 31 Dec 00:54
John
2015-12-31 00:54:41 UTC (over 8 years ago)

get_data, set_data for gimp 2.9 drawable

I'm working with gimp 2.9 and python/numpy, and was happy to find a drawable get_data method. From a gimp developers message thread dated February, it was mentioned that a 'set_data' method is on the short list for future development, but, until that appears, I was hoping to get python-gegl working on my linux (Mint Debian) system. Could someone provide insight as to how to get a work around for saving a numpy array as a gimp drawable?

My current effort involves getting gegl built with introspection and python-gegl (is there a more straightforward way?)

I've built babl, gegl (with --enable-introspection=yes) and gimp 2.9.3; and have PyGObject installed (via pip).

I've cloned python-gegl, but don't see an autogen or configure file. There is a setup.py, and when I run:

/ ~/src/python-gegl $ python setup.py install// // gobject introspection enabled GEGL not installed on this system -//
// this package won't work as is.// //
// Ensure you have installed:// // pygobject,//
// a recent GEGL build with gobject introspection installed//
//
// Package not installed!/

It indicates that Gegl doesn't have introspection enabled. I didn't see any errors when I built gegl, and pygobject is installed via pip, can someone provide any insight as to what is wrong here?