RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Stock Windows and OS X builds of GIMP 2.9.2?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Stock Windows and OS X builds of GIMP 2.9.2? scl 28 Dec 08:16
  Stock Windows and OS X builds of GIMP 2.9.2? Alexandre Prokoudine 28 Dec 08:36
  Stock Windows and OS X builds of GIMP 2.9.2? Partha Bagchi 28 Dec 13:08
   Stock Windows and OS X builds of GIMP 2.9.2? scl 31 Dec 16:21
    Stock Windows and OS X builds of GIMP 2.9.2? Partha Bagchi 31 Dec 17:26
scl
2015-12-28 08:16:23 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi

seeing the GIMP team making a 2.9. release was a nice surprise to me - my congratulations for taking this step!

I tried to download 2.9.2. builds for Windows and OS X, but however I could not find one. The only thing I found was a master OS X build from partha.com, but with many plugins, so I could not test the vanilla stock build (anyway, thanks Partha!). For Windows I couldn't find no build at all. Is there anything I am missing and if yes, where I can I find 2.9.2 builds? I don't want to start the hassle of building them all again on my own.

Thank you in advance,

Sven

Alexandre Prokoudine
2015-12-28 08:36:21 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM, scl wrote:

Is there anything I am missing and if yes, where I can I find 2.9.2 builds? I don't want to start the hassle of building them all again on my own.

Hi Sven,

These builds are not available yet.

Alex

Partha Bagchi
2015-12-28 13:08:26 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi Sven,

I am providing G'MIC and UFRaw. If you don't want these plugins, you can delete them and then you should have "stock" OSX build :)

Thanks, Partha

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 3:16 AM, scl wrote:

Hi

seeing the GIMP team making a 2.9. release was a nice surprise to me - my congratulations for taking this step!

I tried to download 2.9.2. builds for Windows and OS X, but however I could not find one. The only thing I found was a master OS X build from partha.com, but with many plugins, so I could not test the vanilla stock build (anyway, thanks Partha!). For Windows I couldn't find no build at all. Is there anything I am missing and if yes, where I can I find 2.9.2 builds? I don't want to start the hassle of building them all again on my own.

Thank you in advance,

Sven _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

scl
2015-12-31 16:21:34 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi,

I have to correct myself. There's also a Windows 64 bit installer from Partha at partha.com - thank you, Partha. It uses an installer visually similar to Jernejs release build. Is it based on that installer code so the problem of unifying the nightly and release Windows builds is a bit closer to a solution?

Greetings

Sven

Partha Bagchi
2015-12-31 17:26:53 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Sven,

I use NSIS based installer. I can provide the code if necessary.

Forgot to say, Welcome back and a Happy New Year. :)

Thanks, Partha

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 11:21 AM, scl wrote:

Hi,

I have to correct myself. There's also a Windows 64 bit installer from Partha at partha.com - thank you, Partha. It uses an installer visually similar to Jernejs release build. Is it based on that installer code so the problem of unifying the nightly and release Windows builds is a bit closer to a solution?

Greetings

Sven