RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Hello Gimp Developers, From Abby Beal re: questions about download for Windows, some items missing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Abigail Beal
2015-10-27 03:21:44 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hello Gimp Developers, From Abby Beal re: questions about download for Windows, some items missing

Hello Gimp Developers,

First, I'd like to say Thank You. I am new to Gimp but understand this is a volunteer run program. I have only seen a bit of the software but think it is great!

I am contacting you with a question. I downloaded Gimp using the orange button on the site, for Windows. But when I started using a YouTube tutorial to learn some techniques, I started to realize that some things were missing. I then un-installed and then re-installed the software three or four times. So I thought it was best to contact you, I'm sorry, maybe I'm not understanding something or need assistance.

The 2nd Tools Toolbar (one at the bottom) does not show up.

The Layers Toolbar (to the right) does not show up.

My selection of Fonts in the Tools also does not show up. I have one Font.

I started to do one beginner's tutorial so I'll admit I don't know if there are other things. But this is what I've noticed.

Any advice on how I can best install the program?

Thank you very much for your time, I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Kind regards,

Abby :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
2015-10-27 11:11:11 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Abigail Beal wrote:

Hello Gimp Developers,

First, I'd like to say Thank You. I am new to Gimp but understand this is a volunteer run program. I have only seen a bit of the software but think it is great!

I am contacting you with a question. I downloaded Gimp using the orange button on the site, for Windows. But when I started using a YouTube tutorial to learn some techniques, I started to realize that some things were missing. I then un-installed and then re-installed the software three or four times. So I thought it was best to contact you, I'm sorry, maybe I'm not understanding something or need assistance.

The 2nd Tools Toolbar (one at the bottom) does not show up.

The Layers Toolbar (to the right) does not show up.

My selection of Fonts in the Tools also does not show up. I have one Font.

I started to do one beginner's tutorial so I'll admit I don't know if there are other things. But this is what I've noticed.

Any advice on how I can best install the program?

Hello Abby,

You can make GIMP show any dialogs you like where you like them. This is why people customize GIMP and lot and this is why GIMP in a video online might not look exactly like default GIMP on your display.

Please read this: http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-docks.html.

Also, if you see that toolbar and dialogs disappeared, it's probably because you accidentally pressed Tab button. Try pressing it again.

Alex