RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GAP 4.7.8 and GIMP 2.8.14 with Windows 7

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CAAMVso3FTOR4m9XLr8=MHLrbi2... 14 Oct 14:52
  622628765.3107979.144458256... 14 Oct 14:52
   GAP 4.7.8 and GIMP 2.8.14 with Windows 7 Marc Nicolardot 14 Oct 14:50
    GAP 4.7.8 and GIMP 2.8.14 with Windows 7 Partha Bagchi 14 Oct 21:44
     GAP 4.7.8 and GIMP 2.8.14 with Windows 7 Partha Bagchi 14 Oct 21:45
Marc Nicolardot
2015-10-14 14:50:52 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Good afternoon,
I am writing to this mailing list, following the advice of one of you, who knows very well GIMP, but not with Windows, Ol... L.Ca.... His advice for me was to contact Part.... Bac.... who could perhaps help me. My question is : how could I install a recent version of GAP (for instance GAP 4.7.8) with GIMP 2.8.14. I would like to generate animations with an aditional audio track (MPEG file or something equivalent).

This was not possible with an older version of GAP under Windows. Ol... L.Ca... explained to me this was possible under LINUX. Installing LINUX with Windows on my PC seems above my possibilities. So the 1 question is : is it possible, with a more recent version of GAP to generate MPEG files, with an animation created with Gimp (Video Encoder Menu), under Windows

The second question is : I have dowloaded GAP 4.7.8 and installed it in the default folder : C:\gap4r7\

This folder doesn't contain .exe files, except uninstall.exe. So where could I find a plug-ins folder or something like that I could indicate in GIMP from a C:\gap4r7 sub-folder ?

Is a compilation of source code needed ? The same problem is for the GIMP extension : (C:\Program Files\GIMP Extensions build by GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe :

http://registry.gimp.org/node/27656 I didn't find a plug-ins folder build by the installation of GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe : no plug-ins folder and no .exe files. So I don't know which path I should indicate to GIMP for him to be able to find these extensions. An aditional question is :  GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe is a much smaller file than GAP installer. So is it a full version of GAP which is contained in GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe, or a partial version of GAP ? I emphasize my 1rst interest is in buiding animations with audio, so I will follow your advices to reach this objective in the simpler way. Congratulations for this nice software GIMP. I hop what I tryed to explain in english is partially understandable. Thank you for your help,
Marc Nicolardot

Partha Bagchi
2015-10-14 21:44:27 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi Marc,

It's possible ( I could be wrong! ) that Olivier was asking you to contact me?

Anyway, I have not played with GAP in a long time. But I'll see what I can do.

What version of Windows do you have? Is it 64-bit or 32-bit?

Thanks, Partha

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Marc Nicolardot wrote:

Good afternoon,
I am writing to this mailing list, following the advice of one of you, who knows very well GIMP, but not with Windows, Ol... L.Ca.... His advice for me was to contact Part.... Bac.... who could perhaps help me. My question is : how could I install a recent version of GAP (for instance GAP 4.7.8) with GIMP 2.8.14. I would like to generate animations with an aditional audio track (MPEG file or something equivalent).

This was not possible with an older version of GAP under Windows. Ol... L.Ca... explained to me this was possible under LINUX. Installing LINUX with Windows on my PC seems above my possibilities. So the 1 question is : is it possible, with a more recent version of GAP to generate MPEG files, with an animation created with Gimp (Video Encoder Menu), under Windows

The second question is : I have dowloaded GAP 4.7.8 and installed it in the default folder : C:\gap4r7\

This folder doesn't contain .exe files, except uninstall.exe. So where could I find a plug-ins folder or something like that I could indicate in GIMP from a C:\gap4r7 sub-folder ?

Is a compilation of source code needed ? The same problem is for the GIMP extension : (C:\Program Files\GIMP Extensions build by GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe :

http://registry.gimp.org/node/27656 I didn't find a plug-ins folder build by the installation of GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe : no plug-ins folder and no .exe files. So I don't know which path I should indicate to GIMP for him to be able to find these extensions. An aditional question is : GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe is a much smaller file than GAP installer. So is it a full version of GAP which is contained in GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe, or a partial version of GAP ? I emphasize my 1rst interest is in buiding animations with audio, so I will follow your advices to reach this objective in the simpler way. Congratulations for this nice software GIMP. I hop what I tryed to explain in english is partially understandable. Thank you for your help,
Marc Nicolardot

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Partha Bagchi
2015-10-14 21:45:15 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Urgh, scratch my question which version of Windows. Do you have a 64-bit Windows 7 or 32-bit?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Partha Bagchi wrote:

Hi Marc,

It's possible ( I could be wrong! ) that Olivier was asking you to contact me?

Anyway, I have not played with GAP in a long time. But I'll see what I can do.

What version of Windows do you have? Is it 64-bit or 32-bit?

Thanks, Partha

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Marc Nicolardot wrote:

Good afternoon,

http://registry.gimp.org/node/27656 I didn't find a plug-ins folder build by the installation of GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe : no plug-ins folder and no .exe files. So I don't know which path I should indicate to GIMP for him to be able to find these extensions. An aditional question is : GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe is a much smaller file than GAP installer. So is it a full version of GAP which is contained in GIMP_Extensions_v2.8_latest.exe, or a partial version of GAP ? I emphasize my 1rst interest is in buiding animations with audio, so I will follow your advices to reach this objective in the simpler way. Congratulations for this nice software GIMP. I hop what I tryed to explain in english is partially understandable. Thank you for your help,
Marc Nicolardot

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list