RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Last Git Master and compilation errors

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Last Git Master and compilation errors Americo Gobbo 09 Sep 01:06
  Last Git Master and compilation errors Jehan Pagès 09 Sep 01:30
   Last Git Master and compilation errors Americo Gobbo 09 Sep 01:42
    Last Git Master and compilation errors Jehan Pagès 09 Sep 01:46
Americo Gobbo
2015-09-09 01:06:52 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi all,
The last git master of GIMP 2.9 is with these errors on my make step. ---
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors make[4]: *** [gimpdrawable.o] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9/app/core' make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9/app' make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9/app' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9' make: *** [all] Error 2

Jehan Pagès
2015-09-09 01:30:48 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM, Americo Gobbo wrote:

Hi all,
The last git master of GIMP 2.9 is with these errors on my make step. ---
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors make[4]: *** [gimpdrawable.o] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9/app/core' make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9/app' make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9/app' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jag/devel/gimp-2.9' make: *** [all] Error 2

You don't paste the interesting part of the output (the part with the warnings/errors!).

Anyway I added today some new warning flags for compilation, but one of them was outputting far too much unwanted warnings on some systems, so I disabled it again. I'm not sure if that could have been your problem, since these should be warnings only, not errors. But anyway, you can pull the source and try again now. Maybe it will solve your build issue.

Jehan

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Americo Gobbo
2015-09-09 01:42:17 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

You don't paste the interesting part of the output (the part with the warnings/errors!).

Anyway I added today some new warning flags for compilation, but one of them was outputting far too much unwanted warnings on some systems, so I disabled it again. I'm not sure if that could have been your problem, since these should be warnings only, not errors. But anyway, you can pull the source and try again now. Maybe it will solve your build issue.

Jehan

Ok, thanks, now is fine.
But to capture the output of warning errors... I need redirect the make terminal messages to txt file, for example: make > terminal-messages? americo

Jehan Pagès
2015-09-09 01:46:59 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 3:42 AM, Americo Gobbo wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

Jehan

Ok, thanks, now is fine.
But to capture the output of warning errors... I need redirect the make terminal messages to txt file, for example: make > terminal-messages?

This is one method, yes.
You could also simply scroll up and copy-paste from your terminal. The build should end soon after the errors, so they should be not very far up. Of course if you are not able to recognize which parts are the interesting errors, then redirecting to a file is fine too, but the mailing list does not accept attachment. You could use some paste website instead (like http://fpaste.org/).

Anyway now the warnings are disabled.

Regards,

Jehan

americo