RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Status Update on Redesign

This discussion is connected to the gimp-web-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Status Update on Redesign Pat David 31 Aug 18:54
Pat David
2015-08-31 18:54:34 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Status Update on Redesign

Just a small status update on the new site.

I _think_ the new infrastructure is done. I haven't had to do any further tweaks to it so far, and it appears that the functionality we may be looking for is all there.

The old site structure is still intact, old URI's will still work everywhere that I can tell (except for pages that I haven't ported yet - but that's just grunt work at this point). New page creation and source dir mirroring all seem to work ok.

News posts get permalinks and are accessible from an aggregate page ( http://static.gimp.org/news/). We can also embed any number of news posts on other pages as needed (more on this later). They all get a permalink for direct linking:
http://static.gimp.org/news/2015/05/27/gimp-projects-official-statement-on-sourceforges-actions/, which is a nice change (we can also now have an aggregate by author and all sorts of neat-ness inherent in using Pelican to generate the site).

Translations Translations appear to be working fine at the moment, through my limited testing. The incorporation of the i18n_subsites plugin for Pelican now allows the site generator to create a complete subsite for different languages.
static.gimp.org/about/meta/
static.gimp.org/fr/about/meta/
static.gimp.org/de/about/meta/

What's nice is that if you have a page that hasn't been translated yet, links will still work fine, but showing the default lang (en) instead. This can be tested by visiting the French test page, and then navigating to any other page. You'll still be on the sub-site, but served default lang pages if no translation exists:

Extensibility...