RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-print border

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp-print border Gary Montalbine 18 Oct 01:29
  Gimp-print border Patrick Shanahan 18 Oct 02:33
Gary Montalbine
2004-10-18 01:29:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp-print border

I am using gimp 2.0.4 with gimp-print 4.2. Mandrake 10.1 with an hpdeskjet 5550.

Off and on for the past year I have tried to figure out how to change the default margins in gimp-print. I have searched, googled read the archives and have not found a way to change the default margins. I particulary find the .5 left margin troublesome. I have the latest HP driver installed.

I hope there is an easy solution. I have lots of pictures with uneven borders.

Thanks

Gary

Patrick Shanahan
2004-10-18 02:33:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp-print border

* Gary Montalbine [10-17-04 18:32]: ...

Off and on for the past year I have tried to figure out how to change the default margins in gimp-print. I have searched, googled read the archives and have not found a way to change the default margins. I particulary find the .5 left margin troublesome. I have the latest HP driver installed.

I hope there is an easy solution. I have lots of pictures with uneven borders.

lpoptions
man lpoptions

my results for epson stylus photo 925

job-sheets=none,none ImageableArea=Letter PageRegion=Letter PageSize=Letter PaperDimension=Letter PrintoutMode=Normal.Gray Contrast=1.000 Cyan=1.000 Density=1.000 Magenta=1.000 Yellow=1.000 _kde-filters=true cpi=12 lpi=10 page-bottom=36 page-left=11 page-right=18 page-top=7 position=top-left stpBrightness=1.000 stpGamma=1.600 stpSaturation=1.00

page-bottom=36 page-left=11
page-right=18
page-top=7

magrin widths are in points (pt) where 1 pt = 1/72" = 0.35 mm

Options set with the lpoptions command are used by the lp and lpr commands when submitting jobs. (the lpoptions command is unique to CUPS).

You didn't say what print system you employe.