RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mapping Matrix and the Tool Options

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mapping Matrix and the Tool Options Joseph Bupe 24 May 08:26
  Mapping Matrix and the Tool Options Ofnuts 25 May 16:33
Joseph Bupe
2015-05-24 08:26:26 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Dear Developers,

The paint tools Mapping Matrix is such as cool feature and I am requesting you to kindly move it to the Tool options where it initially used to be. The reason is that it is easier to access from the Tool options since they are related than having them in separate dialogs or tabs. I assume many people don't even know where/how to get it in the current setup.

Since already the Tool Options itself has too many controls, I request that the Mapping Matrix be placed above all controls in the Tool Options and make its control labels (Opacity, Size, Angle, Color, Hardness, Force, Aspect Ration, Spacing ...) clickable so that only one combo box corresponding to the clicked label will appear in the Tool options for adjusting settings.

Please, see the mockup: http://s29.postimg.org/w546vdnav/Brush_dynamics.png

So, creating combo boxes dynamically with the clicked labels in the Mapping Matrix could reduce on the number of controls in Tool options (if it makes sense).

Best regards.

Joseph

Ofnuts
2015-05-25 16:33:11 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

On 24/05/15 10:26, Joseph Bupe wrote:

Dear Developers,

The paint tools Mapping Matrix is such as cool feature and I am requesting you to kindly move it to the Tool options where it initially used to be. The reason is that it is easier to access from the Tool options since they are related than having them in separate dialogs or tabs. I assume many people don't even know where/how to get it in the current setup.

Since already the Tool Options itself has too many controls, I request that the Mapping Matrix be placed above all controls in the Tool Options and make its control labels (Opacity, Size, Angle, Color, Hardness, Force, Aspect Ration, Spacing ...) clickable so that only one combo box corresponding to the clicked label will appear in the Tool options for adjusting settings.

Please, see the mockup: http://s29.postimg.org/w546vdnav/Brush_dynamics.png

So, creating combo boxes dynamically with the clicked labels in the Mapping Matrix could reduce on the number of controls in Tool options (if it makes sense).

I don't remember seeing the "mapping matrix" (I assume you mean the paint dynamics editor dialog) in the Tool options.

This editor dialog is dockable so you can dock it below the Tool options or as another tab in the same dock. Note however that it has a minimum vertical size that constrains the size of the docks you put it in (and this sheer size is IMHO one good reason to not make it part of the Tool options).