RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

why I can't repeat this command?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

why I can't repeat this command? Marco Ciampa 21 Mar 15:17
  why I can't repeat this command? Ofnuts 21 Mar 21:03
   why I can't repeat this command? Marco Ciampa 22 Mar 01:24
    why I can't repeat this command? Ofnuts 22 Mar 09:55
     why I can't repeat this command? Marco Ciampa 22 Mar 10:17
      why I can't repeat this command? Joao S. O. Bueno 23 Mar 12:20
       why I can't repeat this command? Marco Ciampa 23 Mar 13:39
  why I can't repeat this command? Owen Cook 21 Mar 21:29
Marco Ciampa
2015-03-21 15:17:59 UTC (about 9 years ago)

I am selecting a program window screenshot (just an image). The command includes some pixels around the program window. I select all the image and shrink the selection 1 bit at a time. Why the "repeat command" is grayed out? I have to repeat the command every time selecting it in the menu. Is there a reason for this behaviour?

--

Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

+------------------------+ | GNU/Linux User #78271 |
| FSFE fellow #364 |
+------------------------+

Ofnuts
2015-03-21 21:03:42 UTC (about 9 years ago)

On 21/03/15 16:17, Marco Ciampa wrote:

I am selecting a program window screenshot (just an image). The command includes some pixels around the program window. I select all the image and shrink the selection 1 bit at a time. Why the "repeat command" is grayed out? I have to repeat the command every time selecting it in the menu. Is there a reason for this behaviour?

I don't see a "repeat command". I see a "Filters>Repeat last" which as its location implies repeats the last *filter* (a general "repeat" would be next to Edit/Redo).

Owen Cook
2015-03-21 21:29:35 UTC (about 9 years ago)

Your attachment didn't come through, mailing list policy I presume.

I thought 'Repeat ...' was a filter only function.

Shrinking is a select function with no repeat option available

So big mystery????

Owen

Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 2:17 AM From: "Marco Ciampa"
To: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org
Subject: [Gimp-developer] why I can't repeat this command?

--

Marco Ciampa

| FSFE fellow #364 |

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Marco Ciampa
2015-03-22 01:24:04 UTC (about 9 years ago)

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:03:42PM +0100, Ofnuts wrote:

I don't see a "repeat command". I see a "Filters>Repeat last" which as its location implies repeats the last *filter* (a general "repeat" would be next to Edit/Redo).

Sorry, I was extrapolating from a nationalized run. The command is:

Edit->Redo (grayed out) and, to aswer Owen too, since Filters>Repeat last works with filters and Select->shrink is not a filter, it is grayed out too.

I am using gimp-2.9, pulled Mon Mar 9 2015.

Presumably is a feature that I do not understand... sorry for the noise.

--

Marco Ciampa

| FSFE fellow #364 |

Ofnuts
2015-03-22 09:55:35 UTC (about 9 years ago)

On 22/03/15 02:24, Marco Ciampa wrote:

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:03:42PM +0100, Ofnuts wrote:

Sorry, I was extrapolating from a nationalized run. The command is:

Edit->Redo (grayed out) and, to aswer Owen too, since Filters>Repeat last works with filters and Select->shrink is not a filter, it is grayed out too.

I am using gimp-2.9, pulled Mon Mar 9 2015.

Presumably is a feature that I do not understand... sorry for the noise.

"Redo" is used to replay what you just removed with "Undo", in other words it "undoes the undo", so it is enabled only if you just did an undo.

Marco Ciampa
2015-03-22 10:17:37 UTC (about 9 years ago)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:55:35AM +0100, Ofnuts wrote:

"Redo" is used to replay what you just removed with "Undo", in other words it "undoes the undo", so it is enabled only if you just did an undo.

Oh my... thanks for clarifying me this very silly question!

Very sorry for the noise!

--

Marco Ciampa

| FSFE fellow #364 |

Joao S. O. Bueno
2015-03-23 12:20:31 UTC (about 9 years ago)

Hi Marco -

What I like to do in cases like this is to enable preferences->inbterface->Dynamic Keyboard shortcuts , (actually I keep this always on), and assign a temporary shortcut to the action at hand (in this case, shrink selection). ot having the overhead of going through the "keyboard shortcut efitor" for doing things like this really makes a difference. Try it.

On 22 March 2015 at 07:17, Marco Ciampa wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:55:35AM +0100, Ofnuts wrote:

Oh my... thanks for clarifying me this very silly question!

Very sorry for the noise!

--

Marco Ciampa

| FSFE fellow #364 |

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Marco Ciampa
2015-03-23 13:39:00 UTC (about 9 years ago)

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 09:20:31AM -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Hi Marco -

What I like to do in cases like this is to enable preferences->inbterface->Dynamic Keyboard shortcuts , (actually I keep this always on), and assign a temporary shortcut to the action at hand (in this case, shrink selection). ot having the overhead of going through the "keyboard shortcut efitor" for doing things like this really makes a difference. Try it.

Many thanks! I'll certainly do! I am re-reading the manual just now...

--

Marco Ciampa

| FSFE fellow #364 |