RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Some tests with Cage Transformation and around Handles and n-handles transformations - comparison with Krita features

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Some tests with Cage Transformation and around Handles and n-handles transformations - comparison with Krita features Americo Gobbo 18 Mar 20:20
Americo Gobbo
2015-03-18 20:20:56 UTC (about 9 years ago)

Some tests with Cage Transformation and around Handles and n-handles transformations - comparison with Krita features

Hi,
I've thought useful to make an simultaneous comparison of the Cage Tool on Gimp 2.9 (commit ef08e69) and Krita 2.9. The version of Gimp 2.9 devel unstable is version - commit ef08e69 and Krita the 2.9.0 - ubuntu gnome 14.04.2 | Intel(R) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz 4 | 8Gb Memory | Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS with xorg-driver

I think that the *handles* and *n-handles* transformation an good way to transform... but the *Cage tool* is a way to resolve many situations... perhaps mixed with the new transform tools, currently in progress on *Playground* Stage.

The Cage tool for me is a kind swiss-knife... the current version would be better with a rotation feature on the area of selected handles.

On the video is possible to see how to works on Krita and how is a bit difficult to resolve the same task on Gimp with the current selected handles.
I've noted also that the handles on Handle and n-handles transformations is a bit difficult to control the single handle... some times the handle is very sensitive and makes the transformation out control.

On the Krita Warp transformation the handle have an arm extensible to control the deformation, very interesting way to control the accuracy of deformation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJUpQFieodA

Thanks, americo