RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

directory structure of opencl in gegl, and unit test framework for each plugin?

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

directory structure of opencl in gegl, and unit test framework for each plugin? kcleung@users.sourceforge.net 25 Dec 04:48
  directory structure of opencl in gegl, and unit test framework for each plugin? kcleung@users.sourceforge.net 25 Dec 05:06
   directory structure of opencl in gegl, and unit test framework for each plugin? Jon Nordby 25 Dec 10:52
kcleung@users.sourceforge.net
2014-12-25 04:48:40 UTC (over 9 years ago)

I just had a good look at the gegl git repository, it looks to me that plugins and filters are implemented in the directory

operations

where plugins are subdivided into subdirectories such as core, transform, generated, common and workshop. Then I see some of these plugins have opencl versions in the directory

opencl

but implementations in opencl/ are not separated into corresponding subdirectories.

I just wonder are there any plan to group opencl the same way as operations?

Also is it true that unit test scripts of opencl are placed at:

tests/opencl

that compares output of opencl and CPU implemenations? If so, then the number of tests seems to be much fewer than number of opencl plugins. If I am correct, then would it be most productive for me to write XML test files for the plugins which has no corresponding test XML file?

kcleung@users.sourceforge.net
2014-12-25 05:06:13 UTC (over 9 years ago)

I had a go at tests/opencl, but found out that the opencl is NOT included in Makefile.am and Makefile.in under opencl/ so no tools are made to test the opencl plugins.

How can I get the scripts compiled that can read the XML tests for the opencl plugins?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM, wrote:

I just had a good look at the gegl git repository, it looks to me that plugins and filters are implemented in the directory

operations

where plugins are subdivided into subdirectories such as core, transform, generated, common and workshop. Then I see some of these plugins have opencl versions in the directory

opencl

but implementations in opencl/ are not separated into corresponding subdirectories.

I just wonder are there any plan to group opencl the same way as operations?

tests/opencl

that compares output of opencl and CPU implemenations? If so, then the number of tests seems to be much fewer than number of opencl plugins. If I am correct, then would it be most productive for me to write XML test files for the plugins which has no corresponding test XML file?

Jon Nordby
2014-12-25 10:52:35 UTC (over 9 years ago)

The majority of tests are in tests/compositions, both OpenCL and not. On Dec 25, 2014 6:06 AM, wrote:

I had a go at tests/opencl, but found out that the opencl is NOT included in Makefile.am and Makefile.in under opencl/ so no tools are made to test the opencl plugins.

How can I get the scripts compiled that can read the XML tests for the opencl plugins?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM, wrote:

operations

opencl

I just wonder are there any plan to group opencl the same way as

operations?

tests/opencl

_______________________________________________ gegl-developer-list mailing list
List address: gegl-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gegl-developer-list