RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Composite operations

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Composite operations Nanley Chery 15 Dec 22:00
  Composite operations Manuel Quiñones 15 Dec 22:13
  Composite operations Florian Klemme 16 Dec 06:59
  Composite operations Øyvind Kolås 16 Dec 10:02
Nanley Chery
2014-12-15 22:00:06 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Composite operations

Hi all,

Is there a way for an operation (e.g. blur) to call another operation (e.g. rotate) in it's process function?

Thanks, Nanley

Manuel Quiñones
2014-12-15 22:13:19 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Composite operations

Hi Nanley,

the idea of GEGL is that you can compose by chaining operations. GEGL is a graph based image processing, and each operation is a node in a graph. To connect the output of the blur node to the input of the rotate node, see http://www.gegl.org/api.html#Making_connections

2014-12-15 19:00 GMT-03:00 Nanley Chery :

Hi all,

Is there a way for an operation (e.g. blur) to call another operation (e.g. rotate) in it's process function?

Thanks, Nanley

_______________________________________________ gegl-developer-list mailing list
List address: gegl-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gegl-developer-list

.. manuq ..
Florian Klemme
2014-12-16 06:59:44 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Composite operations

Hi Nanley,

there is function called "attach" that you can override in your filter. It says "override this if you are creating a GeglGraph" in its comment. I'm really not sure about this as I never used it in any way, but maybe this is the right place if you want to create any child nodes / call other filters within your filter. However I've never seen this before, so it might be a very bad idea, at least style-wise.

Florian

Am 15.12.2014 23:00, schrieb Nanley Chery:

Hi all,

Thanks, Nanley

_______________________________________________ gegl-developer-list mailing list
List address: gegl-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gegl-developer-list

Øyvind Kolås
2014-12-16 10:02:57 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Composite operations

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Nanley Chery wrote:

Composite operations do exist, in GEGL they are called meta-operations, some examples are gegl:unsharp-mask, gegl:dropshadow and gegl:difference-of-gaussians. It would also be possible, though more cumbersome, to run a GEGL graph as part of the implementation of a GEGL operation; off-hand I am not sure of such an example.

/